Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're both lying after a fashion.

The ones claiming extra information are lying when they say that things will play out a certain way. They don't know that, but they're using their prior experience to predict how things will probably play out.

The ones claiming no extra information are lying when they say that they don't have any extra information. They have the information gained from experience, and they're just not using that experience to provide any insights.
I just have a slightly different take on it. After being on this site for 4 months I'd like to think I have pretty good insight into overall how the EDD system works ( ex slow month 1 crazy month 3 west coast push etc). The thing I'm seeing is some people come on and say my SA told me my vin will come on xx/xx date and my delivery is xx/xx date. Theyre not saying yeah it'll be there in a few weeks. This implies that SAs have some kind of access into a tesla system that allows them to see more information then we are privileged to. Idk if all SAs have this access (maybe managers?) or they are just lying. I asked if anyone who had an SA and told them they would get a VIN on xx/xx date actually got a VIN on that date but no one responded yet.

My point is just (logically) SAs either a) can see more information but some choose to lie and say they can't or b) can't see more information and just make up random dates to keep us quiet

Can you set up everything in plaid without actually hitting the “submit payment”? I don’t mind getting all my info in there, but don’t want to pay until I’ve checked out the car
Yes, you can pay with plaid on the day you pick up the car. That’s what I did. I set up my bank account several days ahead of pickup in the app and it recognized I had enough to cover the final cost in full. Day of pickup, I then hit submit and after it completed I showed it to the SA, signed some papers and we went to the car. I had tried to set my account up prior to transferring funds to my checking account and it said you don’t have enough funds to do this, so it does verify your balance in real time.

Alright I just got a text with my vin! EDD is now Aug 10-14. A few questions for you guys..

Can I just reply to that text and ask questions like what headlights and tires my car will come with?

For California, does my insurance need to actually have the Tesla already insured or is proof that I’m insured enough?

I am financing with a credit union, what am I supposed to take on pickup day? The physical check or whatever the CU gives me?

Excited!!!

Alright I just got a text with my vin! EDD is now Aug 10-14. A few questions for you guys..

Can I just reply to that text and ask questions like what headlights and tires my car will come with?

For California, does my insurance need to actually have the Tesla already insured or is proof that I’m insured enough?

I am financing with a credit union, what am I supposed to take on pickup day? The physical check or whatever the CU gives me?

Excited!!!
I did ask if they can install the front mud flaps on delivery day and they say they cannot do that.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394

Excited!!!
Congrats!! Things will be fast just like mine has been!
pretty sure your proof of insurance is just current insurance. I just took a picture of my current proof of insurance and uploaded that and that checked that off.
after that I switched my pay in cash to pay with loan and entered all that info. After I did that it opened up the schedule delivery date right away so press through your steps quickly
I did not call with questions about tires etc since I figured I would see it soon enough.
for the loan you can bring whatever, but my credit union said everything was set up to just send Tesla the funds. As soon as I entered all that info tesla sent me a couple of emails and I am all set. Was able to talk to someone (maybe it was my bank) and they confirmed that no money is sent until I sign the stuff at the dealership so I’m good with that.
congrats again! It is so exciting!!

I’m one of the few (?) that don’t have or wasn’t assigned a SA. Weird lol
I initially used their website chat feature before placing my order.
Their chat was offline so it redirected me to submit a callback request, and I left an email and phone number.

A virtual SA emailed me back, answering some questions I had, then I placed the order.
They're both lying after a fashion.

The ones claiming extra information are lying when they say that things will play out a certain way. They don't know that, but they're using their prior experience to predict how things will probably play out.

The ones claiming no extra information are lying when they say that they don't have any extra information. They have the information gained from experience, and they're just not using that experience to provide any insights.
I just have a slightly different take on it. After being on this site for 4 months I'd like to think I have pretty good insight into overall how the EDD system works ( ex slow month 1 crazy month 3 west coast push etc). The thing I'm seeing is some people come on and say my SA told me my vin will come on xx/xx date and my delivery is xx/xx date. Theyre not saying yeah it'll be there in a few weeks. This implies that SAs have some kind of access into a tesla system that allows them to see more information then we are privileged to. Idk if all SAs have this access (maybe managers?) or they are just lying. I asked if anyone who had an SA and told them they would get a VIN on xx/xx date actually got a VIN on that date but no one responded yet.

My point is just (logically) SAs either a) can see more information but some choose to lie and say they can't or b) can't see more information and just make up random dates to keep us quiet
Once I got a VIN and got the generic automated email about final payment, I emailed my virtual SA about switching payment options.
Seems just like their text system, the emails can be seen by multiple SAs, since a different SA responded back, this time an "Operations Advisor" responded.

They told me my exact delivery date, but also stressed that it was "tentative".
So SAs definitely have an "internal" EDD, but it's even more unreliable than the EDD we see on our accounts.

1660097261342.png1660097303464.png1660097333053.png
1660097355956.png1660097375121.png1660097393160.png

They have several options when disseminating information to us
  • They could give us the silent treatment, to not give our hopes up
  • They can stick to the script, and say they see what we "see"
  • They could tell us what they see internally, get our hopes up, but then it'll change and we get mad and give them an earful
Maybe most people don't understand the nuance that when you increase your confidence interval your margin of error increases as well.

I initially used their website chat feature before placing my order.
Their chat was offline so it redirected me to submit a callback request, and I left an email and phone number.

A virtual SA emailed me back, answering some questions I had, then I placed the order.

Once I got a VIN and got the generic automated email about final payment, I emailed my virtual SA about switching payment options.
Seems just like their text system, the emails can be seen by multiple SAs, since a different SA responded back, this time an "Operations Advisor" responded.

They told me my exact delivery date, but also stressed that it was "tentative".
So SAs definitely have an "internal" EDD, but it's even more unreliable than the EDD we see on our accounts.

View attachment 838901View attachment 838902View attachment 838903
View attachment 838904View attachment 838905View attachment 838906

They have several options when disseminating information to us
  • They could give us the silent treatment, to not give our hopes up
  • They can stick to the script, and say they see what we "see"
  • They could tell us what they see internally, get our hopes up, but then it'll change and we get mad and give them an earful
Maybe most people don't understand the nuance that when you increase your confidence interval your margin of error increases as well.
Lol I remember that discussion a few month ago. I kinda get the whole thing about machine learning/projections (though that conversation is way above my pay grade) I just find it odd that some people are told there car will be built on a certain date. The way those people phrase it seems like the SA can see something we can't. Somewhere in Tesla systems there has to be something that is saying this RN number "should" get a car on this date since I'd assume that is the basis of the EDD system. I guess we may never know unless someone who is an SA comes on here to tell us.

Congrats!! Things will be fast just like mine has been!
pretty sure your proof of insurance is just current insurance. I just took a picture of my current proof of insurance and uploaded that and that checked that off.
after that I switched my pay in cash to pay with loan and entered all that info. After I did that it opened up the schedule delivery date right away so press through your steps quickly
I did not call with questions about tires etc since I figured I would see it soon enough.
for the loan you can bring whatever, but my credit union said everything was set up to just send Tesla the funds. As soon as I entered all that info tesla sent me a couple of emails and I am all set. Was able to talk to someone (maybe it was my bank) and they confirmed that no money is sent until I sign the stuff at the dealership so I’m good with that.
congrats again! It is so exciting!!
Thanks!
So how did you change to pay with loan? I am paying half out of my account and half with a loan, and am noticing that the Tesla site says payment can only be made from one account. I believe my CU says it needs a signed purchase order and other things that I'm not sure how to get as well..will need to call them tomorrow

Also anyone in CA, where does it say the $750 rebate? I don't see it anywhere in my final price details

Reactions: HeatherW22
I’m saying it’s BS because my coworker has a Y and showed me the text message of his SA giving him a date when he would get his VIN after he told them he needed to travel for business. Mine just tells me they don’t have any information I don’t already have, which appears to be BS.
I would request another SA
Hey! Did you figure this out? I am confused if paying through plaid on the delivery date would work. I don't want to pay before inspecting the car :)
Yes, you can pay using ACH via Plaid at the delivery/pick up location. Pay it in front of the Delivery advisor on your mobile. Take a screen shot for documentation.

Last edited:
Hi Tesla customers, my first waiting room post.
I will be overseas until November 16th 2022 - should I wait until I get a VIN before advising Tesla and ask them for a hold?
My order document says ”
For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.“ If they offer me delivery in September or October I may be over 30 days away from my return.
Anyone else tried to delay delivery recently?

M3LR White/White/ Aeros, no FSD, Utah
OD: June 14 2022
EDD#1 Sept.5-Oct.17 EDD#2 (on Jul 21) Sept 7 - Oct 12

I have officially graduated my car was made on Aug 5 and pick up the car this morning
Had nothing wrong with the car and getting the car tinted tomorrow.

Came with matrix lights, Michelin tires and ryzen chip as well. The car drive amazing and was a experience with autopilot for the first time and in traffic. I am going to stay a around a little to help out. Thank you everyone that help out and followed my adventure.

1660103820975.gif

Attachments

• 8017E85E-DFCD-4518-B6B2-C66245476107.jpeg
    8017E85E-DFCD-4518-B6B2-C66245476107.jpeg
    679.3 KB · Views: 64
Hi Tesla customers, my first waiting room post.
I will be overseas until November 16th 2022 - should I wait until I get a VIN before advising Tesla and ask them for a hold?
My order document says ”
For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.“ If they offer me delivery in September or October I may be over 30 days away from my return.
Anyone else tried to delay delivery recently?

M3LR White/White/ Aeros, no FSD, Utah
OD: June 14 2022
EDD#1 Sept.5-Oct.17 EDD#2 (on Jul 21) Sept 7 - Oct 12
You need to put the hold on before you get a VIN not after. From what people have said you can get about 90 days for the hold.

New delivery window of 8/26-30 and VIN assigned today!
I just reached out to my SA, but do y’all know if waiting until Aug 19 to setup insurance and financing will be a problem?
Congratulations on the VIN. You'll be fine. Tesla just wants you to get that stuff organized as soon as possible so that on the day of delivery you have it ready to go. They want a smooth transaction, and I'm sure that back in the day they had people call them a day or two before delivery saying that they had just started organizing their financing or their insurance and could they have a couple more days (or Tesla knew this happened in the car industry). That would make a hash of Tesla's delivery process. So Tesla pushes people to get organized early, giving them the impression that the preparation of financing and insurance is part of Tesla's order and delivery process. It's not. It's part of your order and delivery process. You do it as you see fit, but when you show up to take delivery of the car, you need to have those two things sorted out and ready to go. Having your financing ready a week in advance is plenty of time.

Definitely don't let Tesla fool you into making any payments before you are at the delivery site and have seen the car. No car, no money.

I have officially graduated my car was made on Aug 5 and pick up the car this morning

Came with matrix lights, Michelin tires and ryzen chip as well. The car drive amazing and was a experience with autopilot for the first time and in traffic. I am going to stay a around a little to help out. Thank you everyone that help out and followed my adventure.

View attachment 838942
Mobile Charger?

I'm almost a lifetime away from delivery.... but how will my grandchildren be able to tell which chip is in the M3 I ordered when they accept delivery?

Thanks
Grandchildren just know.

It'll be an AMD Ryzen. They stopped using Intel Atom chips back around the beginning of the year.

If you feel a need to verify it, ask your grandkids to go through the car's control settings.

View attachment 838942
🎉🎉🎉Congrats! Oh my gosh, I am soooo happy you finally got it and all went well!! PS Loved your memes!!

Reactions: IWRBR and ZZ118