Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just was on a text with our SA here in Colorado. They are SUPER awesome to work with thus far! Our car is here but since it is going to be my wife's primary car we are still picking it up on Saturday so she can be there for it.

I guess it depends on where you live and what Tesla centers are near (or far) based on location but we have had ZERO issues with communicating with our local folks with just about anything with regards to Tesla. Our SA is super helpful and accommodating.
Are you picking up in the springs or Littleton ?

No clue - all I know is I woke up and checked my EDD before work, since I was within my 2 week window. Waking up hoping to find a VIN, but instead found I got pushed out to Nov - Feb. Really was a sucky way to wake up this morning haha
Ive seen other people state that when this happens their Edd usually corrects itself back to what it was in a couple days.

im hoping thats the case! i havent seen that, i was trying to find anything that mightve related to this or other experiences. Even texted the SA to see if this was accurate as my Loan approval is only good until the end of sept.
I mean I hate to be this guy but with a OD of July you are probably looking at a oct-nov delivery. California does sometime get some quick orders at the end of the quarter next month especially with cancelations. Not giving you false hope but sometimes when this happens to people it does swing back in a day or 2 with a vin

Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happen throughout, but can greatly increase at the end of a quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. Orders with FSD do not currently receive priority.
12. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
13. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Additional informative posts
I found this post from earlier on. Number 5 states the same thing you experienced

I’m paying half my own money and half a loan. I tried to pay half in Plaid but as soon as I connect to it I get an error saying I don’t have enough money in my account to pay off the balance. Maybe the balance will update when I give Tesla the credit union check?

I got another text from a 510 number saying to schedule my appointment. Texted them back with another question and no answer. Am I doing it wrong or do they just take a while?
Hmm the online thing may be a glitch between your bank and the application Tesla uses. I would say call the customer service number instead of texting them. They will have you on hold for a little bit but you get to talk to a real person. 1-888-312-3752

Hmm the online thing may be a glitch between your bank and the application Tesla uses. I would say call the customer service number instead of texting them. They will have you on hold for a little bit but you get to talk to a real person. 1-888-312-3752
Tried that and it eventually told me to leave a message so I hung up lol

Someone finally replied to me on text though and asked how much I’ll be financing. Told him 30,000 and now in my account I see the 30,000 and the remaining balance is 29k, which I should now be able to pay using Plaid upon pickup! Not sure exactly how to get the actual loan money to Tesla but maybe they’ll figure that out on their own?

For people that picked up, how much can I inspect the vehicle before sending the final payment?

Delivery scheduled for Friday at 10am at Buena Park!

Reactions: HeatherW22
Nice I’m in Burlington ordered from the Oakville Center.
What’s your EDD showing currently and have you had much movement with yours?
Also Burlington and pickup will be Oakville. What is your OD, current EDD and spec ordered?

My OD is May 12 and my Edd is currently Aug 26 - Sept 9. I was there yesterday as my friend picked up his MYLR. So I asked about my order and they said "No VIN yet but you should be getting the TXT any day now". So fingers crossed!

I'm almost a lifetime away from delivery.... but how will my grandchildren be able to tell which chip is in the M3 I ordered when they accept delivery?

Thanks
Easy, tell your grandkids to access the car's control menu as follows.

Home -> Controls -> Software -> Additional vehicle information

While you're at it, also check that the car has 1) the CCS support activated (in case you want to use CCS charging with adapter in future) and 2) the 12v Lithium-ion battery .

1660153034581.png

Easy, tell your grandkids to access the car's control menu as follows.

Home -> Controls -> Software -> Additional vehicle information

While you're at it, also check that the car has 1) the CCS support activated (in case you want to use CCS charging with adapter in future) and 2) the 12v Lithium-ion battery .

View attachment 839193

I suppose I am confused....don't all the new deliveries have the AMD (thought they moved on from Intel a bit ago), also the battery (also thought they all deliver with the Lithium battery...I may be wrong), and CCS (I also thought they all ship now with this).

I may be incorrect but from what I have seen I believe these are shipping with them.

The only other thing I would look at is the "Global" headlights....aka MATRIX....from what I have seen, the headlight "issue" is now over with for now.

Just seeing if I missed something?