Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PXL_20220817_152429126.MP.jpg

Getting excited!

Found it!
Awesome sauce, I also found that taking the entire charge cable and unwinding/dragging it to its full extent. Then, untwist it....this makes it easier to put back on the connector. Since it was in the box for “who knows how long” the cable has some memory in it. We have about two, maybe three, loops on ours. Just a suggestion from what I found and hope that helps! 😊

Edit: when it gets cold the longer loops are easier to manipulate and I noticed you were up in Ontario I think.

Awesome sauce, I also found that taking the entire charge cable and unwinding/dragging it to its full extent. Then, untwist it....this makes it easier to put back on the connector. Since it was in the box for “who knows how long” the cable has some memory in it. We have about two, maybe three, loops on ours. Just a suggestion from what I found and hope that helps! 😊

Edit: when it gets cold the longer loops are easier to manipulate and I noticed you were up in Ontario I think.
Yup, it does certainly get cold here, but thankfully my garage is heated. I'll still take your advice about the loops.

Reactions: ColoradoMike
Just received a second trade-in text message 🤔
When got the “trade in” text, even though I stated cash, I believe I had a vin within a week...pls don’t quote me on that but afterwards we had a VIN about a week later.

I would have to believe that Tesla is smart enough to get a trade when delivery is close to prevent issues on their end. Kind of makes sense to me...why ask for a trade if Tesla knows you won’t be able to take delivery soon.

Just supposition, but when I got close to the EDD the text came and then it was off to the races so to speak!

When got the “trade in” text, even though I stated cash, I believe I had a vin within a week...pls don’t quote me on that but afterwards we had a VIN about a week later.

I would have to believe that Tesla is smart enough to get a trade when delivery is close to prevent issues on their end. Kind of makes sense to me...why ask for a trade if Tesla knows you won’t be able to take delivery soon.

Just supposition, but when I got close to the EDD the text came and then it was off to the races so to speak!
A week from the first trade in text would be next Monday! That would be amazing with me

I’ve had three trade in texts and one call about it over the last few weeks and still no vin. I texted my SA about it and they said it’s an automated process sent out in batches and makes no difference on vin or delivery date. I guess I believe them considering my first one was back in Jul.
Take the time and put in your order date and estimated delivery dates. It helps us help you