Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 116 days from OD to DD I finally took her home on Monday. Matrix lights, Ryzen, Michelins, came with cables and adapters. She was flawless when I picked her up. Only some greasy hand prints on parts of the leather and arm rest areas that I got the SA to clean off.

The delivery process was very easy and non-traditional. After inspection we did all the Tesla paperwork sitting in the car. Then about 15 min inside the office to transfer the insurance with the agent. In and out within 60min. Very stress-free compared to buying a car from a traditional dealership.

Went home and popped off the aeros right away and put on the CoolKo caps I got on Amazon. Looks so much more sexier!! Will tint the rear windows this weekend.

It's worth the wait guys and gals!!!

Attachments

• 20220817_155146.jpg
    20220817_155146.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 81
After 116 days from OD to DD I finally took her home on Monday. Matrix lights, Ryzen, Michelins, came with cables and adapters. She was flawless when I picked her up. Only some greasy hand prints on parts of the leather and arm rest areas that I got the SA to clean off.

The delivery process was very easy and non-traditional. After inspection we did all the Tesla paperwork sitting in the car. Then about 15 min inside the office to transfer the insurance with the agent. In and out within 60min. Very stress-free compared to buying a car from a traditional dealership.

Went home and popped off the aeros right away and put on the CoolKo caps I got on Amazon. Looks so much more sexier!! Will tint the rear windows this weekend.

Beautiful. I'm waiting on the identical ride.

Another data I would like to share.
My friend picked up his car today. Info below:

M3LR/Red/Black/Aero
Original order is for M3SR on 2/13/22
Switched his order to M3LR on 6/24/22
Vin assigned: 7/16/22
Delivered today, 7/20/22
Vin: 305XXX
Car has matrix headlights and charger included.

For people in california, $2000 CVRP rebate still applies to his order because his purchase agreement still says the original order date when he ordered the SR and not when he switched to long range.
I just got approved on my CVRP today for an order placed on 3/11. I got the notice today that there was a problem. It says the purchase agreement didn't have the original order date on it. In any case, the resolution said to either upload an agreement with that date specified, or even the original order confirmation email would suffice.

I took a snapshot on my phone of the original order email and sent that in, and it was approved within an hour.

Reactions: Bestie_n_Tessi
I need to blow off some steam cause I'm getting really frustrated. I've been patient the whole time for the car because when I first started here people explained to me the 3-4 month turn around time. That and my EDDs essentially pointed to a August delivery. Sure enough early August I got a 2 week window and a trade in text. A little over a week ago it moved to early september delivery, ok I said that makes sense if I get a VIN soon since it takes 2 weeks to deliver. Now I'm seeing people who ordered a month or more after me getting VINs that had a similar EDD to what I now have.

I just don't get it. I hardly ever see anyone ordering a black on black LR3 AND I added EAP onto it. Whenever I watch the tesla fly over they have so many black model 3s, where are they all going?! Of course the SAs tell me nothing which only adds to it.

I understand that this is a long process but now it's getting frustrating as I'm about to enter month 4 with no VIN and most people from April are filled and they are filling a lot of May as well.

This isn't directed at anyone I just needed to vent for a minute into the black hole of the internet

🎉🥳🎉 CONGRATS!! You deserved a flawless Tesla and delivery for waiting sooo long! Best wishes!

Reactions: ZZ118
I never received a VIN notification either, just looked in the app!
I can think of two possible ways they do the VIN notifications.

1. The SAs send them on their own initiative, so some people will get them while others will not.
2. More ominously, the factory sends them automatically, but only to the person who is assigned the vehicle directly from the factory. A refusal would result in a reassignment by an SA at the delivery site and so no automatic VIN notification would take place (though an SA could potentially send one on their own initiative). I'm pretty sure my vehicle was a refusal and I did not receive a VIN notification.

I need to blow off some steam cause I'm getting really frustrated. I've been patient the whole time for the car because when I first started here people explained to me the 3-4 month turn around time. That and my EDDs essentially pointed to a August delivery. Sure enough early August I got a 2 week window and a trade in text. A little over a week ago it moved to early september delivery, ok I said that makes sense if I get a VIN soon since it takes 2 weeks to deliver. Now I'm seeing people who ordered a month or more after me getting VINs that had a similar EDD to what I now have.

I just don't get it. I hardly ever see anyone ordering a black on black LR3 AND I added EAP onto it. Whenever I watch the tesla fly over they have so many black model 3s, where are they all going?! Of course the SAs tell me nothing which only adds to it.

I understand that this is a long process but now it's getting frustrating as I'm about to enter month 4 with no VIN and most people from April are filled and they are filling a lot of May as well.

This isn't directed at anyone I just needed to vent for a minute into the black hole of the internet
Yeah I’m with you on the issue of later orders getting delivery before you - I’ve noticed the same on this forum and on the Reddit sub. It’s definitely frustrating.

But look at it this way - we knew what we were getting ourselves into when we placed the order, in terms of the long wait for delivery. Then, we joined forums like this, where we’re more aware of the delays to our already long wait but at least we have some logical explanation for the additional delays (e.g., factory shut downs for maintenance, certain colors/options getting preferential builds/deliveries). So we can’t complain about the long wait because we placed our orders knowingly, and can’t complain about the additional delays because we’re aware of reasons why (whether anecdotal or legitimate).

I also think that Tesla will sometimes prioritize deliveries to locations where they don’t have much a presence, i.e., locations that are not CA, NY, or TX, for the purpose of increasing Tesla‘s presence there which results in free advertisement when the general public sees Teslas around. I bet some of the deliveries that leap-frogged yours were in some of these locations.

But hold the line…as everyone says when they finally take delivery - “the wait was well worth it” and all this frustration will immediately disappear when you get your car. Hopefully, while you wait, you’re saving up money toward paying off your car sooner, or buying accessories, or prepping your garage for charging, or anything else that will be beneficial to your eventual Tesla ownership.

I can think of two possible ways they do the VIN notifications.

1. The SAs send them on their own initiative, so some people will get them while others will not.
2. More ominously, the factory sends them automatically, but only to the person who is assigned the vehicle directly from the factory. A refusal would result in a reassignment by an SA at the delivery site and so no automatic VIN notification would take place (though an SA could potentially send one on their own initiative). I'm pretty sure my vehicle was a refusal and I did not receive a VIN notification.
I think the factory sends them since they come out 24/7 and/or it would be to overwhelming for the SAs to do so

Yeah I’m with you on the issue of later orders getting delivery before you - I’ve noticed the same on this forum and on the Reddit sub. It’s definitely frustrating.

But look at it this way - we knew what we were getting ourselves into when we placed the order, in terms of the long wait for delivery. Then, we joined forums like this, where we’re more aware of the delays to our already long wait but at least we have some logical explanation for the additional delays (e.g., factory shut downs for maintenance, certain colors/options getting preferential builds/deliveries). So we can’t complain about the long wait because we placed our orders knowingly, and can’t complain about the additional delays because we’re aware of reasons why (whether anecdotal or legitimate).

I also think that Tesla will sometimes prioritize deliveries to locations where they don’t have much a presence, i.e., locations that are not CA, NY, or TX, for the purpose of increasing Tesla‘s presence there which results in free advertisement when the general public sees Teslas around. I bet some of the deliveries that leap-frogged yours were in some of these locations.

But hold the line…as everyone says when they finally take delivery - “the wait was well worth it” and all this frustration will immediately disappear when you get your car. Hopefully, while you wait, you’re saving up money toward paying off your car sooner, or buying accessories, or prepping your garage for charging, or anything else that will be beneficial to your eventual Tesla ownership.
Thanks, yeah I'm ok like I said just needed to vent some steam a little. I have no choice but to take this car since my old car is a junker on it's last legs and I can't start a new wait list for another car. One nice thing has been as you've said saving up more money for the car. Just recently got a few K from the state for working " front lines " during covid so that can go right into my acceleration boost and principle balance lol. This group definitely helps the wait so I thank everyone for that. The only thing I wish was different was my SAs be more upfront (if they really have additional info), clearly I'm not just like "where is my tesla!! its been 2 weeks, my OD is obviously a old one and if there is something holding it up I'd just like to know.

Thanks again everyone for the venting session :)