Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you notice at delivery, what can they do? Or must you reject it?
Will see. We did not notice it at delivery but 100% a factory issue with paint.

Since we already accepted we will try and see what Tesla has to say.

I am actually dumbfounded that every other person that took delivery had zero issues. Call me confused but either I am too picky or things that are sent to Colorado are not the best quality.

Is this what you are talking about
Actually not as I mentioned previously take a look at this....the LEFT side of the picture is where the paint was not applied on the front doors.

The RIGHT side of the image is the reflections on the opened door. Very obvious upon opening the door and looking at it.

The lack of paint runs from the bottom or the door to the top.

In Day to day use, probably not an issue but it IS an issue.

20220822_134001.jpg

Other people have reported Tesla setting them up for home delivery without being asked. If you search this thread you'll find their stories. I'm disappointed in Tesla for doing this because it smacks of pressure tactics.

If the two week EDD is consistent with your prior EDDs then it's likely to be accurate. I've seen folks get four week, then two, then go back to four, but that's atypical.

I'm sure the important date is the delivery date. They're putting this stuff into vehicles while they still have stock. When they're out, that's that.
Well, I guess it saves me an Uber to the service center for delivery. I will try to remember to report back on my experience with home delivery.

Yes....you do not see it if you simply get in and out. But if you leave the door open it is super obvious on the reflections when open
That's major. Definitely a problem in the paint shop and unfortunately, your vehicle had already run through. I'm getting nervous. No chance I'm sending the down payment in the app before I inspect it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ColoradoMike
That's major. Definitely a problem in the paint shop and unfortunately, your vehicle had already run gone through. I'm getting nervous. No chance I'm sending the down payment in the app before I inspect it.

To be honest, we did not notice it upon delivery...now that it is a week later and paying closer attention this is an issue for us.

It is funny that this is the second M3LR we wanted has these paint issues. Probably not a big deal but watch out for it.

In the sun it is something I didn't notice initially, However, now that we open the door and see the reflection it bugs the hell out of both of us.

Tesla has been good thus far adjusting the windshield wiper hitting the frunk. Our entire headliner needs to be replaced in September.....charge port and tail lights my GO TO GUY fixed.

Are we happy? YES!!!!! Am I 100% satisfied paying $59K for a car that has quality issues......Not so much.

Congrats! I’m getting mine the same day at 3pm. I’m curious, how far are you from nearest delivery center that they would do Home Delivery? I wish I could get home delivery, but I have to drive 150 miles to Chicago.
I am 14 miles from closest service center. I don't remember ever asking for home delivery. When I got the email and text, the web page it linked to didn't give me a choice. It was home delivery schedule only. When I texted SA to ask about it he called me back and seemed rushed. He just asked me what center I wanted to pick up from. I told him it would be nice to have someone around when I pick up to answer any questions I may have. He said nobody would help me if I pick up at the service center but someone would be with me if I take home delivery. Now that I am thinking about it, I am guessing they will drive the car to me? Or would they flat bed it?

Reactions: Minotaur
Only problem with home delivery is that they cant fix things on the spot if you see minor imperfections. Service appointments take time to set up which may be annoying.
I thought about this but ultimately it isn't a huge deal for me. I really don't even need this car but I bought it as a YOLO item since I don't really spend money on anything and I want to support Tesla and I want one so bad. I bet I won't even put 10k per year on it. So, my point being that if anything needs fixed, I have nothing but time lol

Reactions: Minotaur and Cho22
I'm crossing fingers for a mobile charger included. my OD was after the cutoff by a few days
My VIN is close to yours and I just asked my SA. They said cars that left the factory after the 12th won’t come with the mobile connector but will come with a $200 promo code to get it from the website. Mine left on the 18th.

I thought about this but ultimately it isn't a huge deal for me. I really don't even need this car but I bought it as a YOLO item since I don't really spend money on anything and I want to support Tesla and I want one so bad. I bet I won't even put 10k per year on it. So, my point being that if anything needs fixed, I have nothing but time lol
only issue with that is that i heard some people had paint issues like scratches or chipped paint or underside damage and tesla would not fix for free unless you prove it was there at time of delivery/pick up.

Reactions: guerro
I finally took delivery of my car yesterday. Other than a 4 hour delay from the original scheduled time due to the truck car-carrier having a blown tire everything else went smooth. Since I got dropped off I had to wait around but it wasn't that bad and I got a chance to talk to some of the other people picking up their cars which was fun. My SA was extremely nice and I could tell he felt bad about the delay and checked in with me from time to time with updates. They said they've been doing around 45 deliveries a day which seems like a lot but they had everything moving pretty well.

As far as the car goes it had everything I was hoping for and I mean everything!! No major defects either which was a huge relief since I was expecting the worst after reading some of the experiences people on this forum have had. The top 3 things below are the things I wasn't sure if it would have but it did. All of the other things were expected but still glad to see first hand.
  • Michelin tires
  • Mobile charger w/15A plug and J1772 connector
  • Matrix headlights
  • License plate frame (I don't like chrome so not going to use theirs)
  • heated everything: outside mirrors, steering wheel, seats, charge port, etc
  • auto dimming side and rear view mirrors
  • CCS1 compatible, Ryzen chip, and all the other refresh stuff
After I picked it up I spent a few hours putting in all the accessories, taking off the aero covers, mud flaps, etc. There were 2 software updates so I did those as well. I also bought acceleration boost and good god that is crazy fast, totally insane!! All in all I'm extremely happy and it really is an amazing vehicle that is so far ahead of anything else out there imo. Can't wait till next weekend when I'm taking it on a road trip to visit my daughter in college.

View attachment 843449
Your car is exactly what my car will look like, including the OEM lug nut caps - thanks for posting that pic because it got me excited all over again about my car! Those OEM caps really change the look of the aero wheel for the better.
That's a hefty down payent you're putting there
Another new EDD shrinkage. :)

New EDD: Aug 30 - Sep 13

Also, got trade in text today.
Crazy that your OD is after mine but you have an earlier EDD window (mine just updated this weekend to 9/11-10/9). I assume it's your paint and wheel choices that got you the bump, I went free & free on the color and wheels, lol

VIN appeared, EDD changed this morning to Aug 21-27. Super psyched!

App prevented entering insurance expiration date, had to delete and reload app.
Delivery on Friday, no trade in quote, app still says "We'll reach out to you when...", earlier
a guy emailed me asking me for additional photos which I emailed him in July then followed
with email, he never replied, emailed again today in anticipation of Friday delivery date YAY.
Good news Carmax is a short walk from Tesla, given 80% of Tesla offers being lowballs, that is
the safe bet for me. You guessed right, it would never cross my mind to pay Tesla before inspection,
and will not trade old one in until new in hand. Does Tesla do on the spot D-Day trade in estimates
and issue checks? I got a full price cashier's check, will they issue me a check for trade in if they pay
KBB matching prices?

Last edited:
Reactions: guerro
Anyone's mobile connector (with the 14-50 adapter) shipped yet? I ordered mine when I ordered the car (5/23) and was promised an August shipment date and my credit card was charged immediately, but it still has not shipped. With the amount of people who are receiving the mobile connector with their cars or getting a credit to order it, I'm tempted to cancel my standalone order and get a refund. Thoughts?

Reactions: codenameku
Anyone's mobile connector (with the 14-50 adapter) shipped yet? I ordered mine when I ordered the car (5/23) and was promised an August shipment date and my credit card was charged immediately, but it still has not shipped. With the amount of people who are receiving the mobile connector with their cars or getting a credit to order it, I'm tempted to cancel my standalone order and get a refund. Thoughts?
Ordered mine with my car on 7/1 and it hasnt shipped... it was in stock this last weekend too.

I ordered mine with my car also on 5/25. Mine hasn't shipped either, but I've been told it should ship in the coming weeks. I am not going to cancel my order until I receive my car and am 100% sure I don't need it.

Reactions: phaheem
Are you going to cancel you order and get a refund, and hope that your car will include the charger or have a credit for it?
Im going to hold it until I take delivery. If they give me a free one, then im gonna cancel and reorder (i planned on two anyways). If they dont give me a free one, Im going to see if I can get a voucher as mine hasnt shipped and its been months by that point.