Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the refresh blues? Try this out--it feels good even if you know it is fake :)

1662319746154.png

• Funny
Reactions: jpaychek
Serious question about phantom braking. When it happens does the car stop short or does it just gradually slow down the car?
Will go from 70 to 40 VERY quickly, nothing gradual about it. VERY dangerous and annoying, for not only me but the other drivers behind me. There is no warning chime, beep, or any indication of what it is doing. I always override with the accelerator and have not let it come to a complete stop, so not sure if it would completely stop the car. Can't really correlate a common symptom of when it happens, very random. Tesla and some here on this forum have suggested faulty map data and the car is detecting the wrong speed limit in the navigation. I have started watching the speed limit displayed on the screen and seeing if it matches the actual speed limit sign on the road. Too soon to tell, but yes they sometimes do not match.

Reactions: Oln08 and ZZ118
Will go from 70 to 40 VERY quickly, nothing gradual about it. VERY dangerous and annoying, for not only me but the other drivers behind me. There is no warning chime, beep, or any indication of what it is doing. I always override with the accelerator and have not let it come to a complete stop, so not sure if it would completely stop the car. Can't really correlate a common symptom of when it happens, very random. Tesla and some here on this forum have suggested faulty map data and the car is detecting the wrong speed limit in the navigation. I have started watching the speed limit displayed on the screen and seeing if it matches the actual speed limit sign on the road. Too soon to tell, but yes they sometimes do not match.
Thanks and this only happens with autopilot right

Reactions: JB47394 and cmy4x4
The cross traffic braking logic is MUCH better when running FSD Beta.
Yeah, I've been watching FSD Beta videos for a while now. I'm still waiting for either the Beta membership to be enlarged again or for them to just release it as the official software stack.
Why 26th and not the 30th—end of quarter?
I was using the 26th because that was the end date of his EDD. If you're wondering why Tesla would pick that date, it's just some dumb software doing its thing (Mr. Bean in action). I kinda chuckle when I see EDDs that straddle two quarters. I hope that once FSD Beta is ready for release they can get back to the more mundane software tasks like the infotainment system, the EDD predictor, the matrix headlamps, automatic headlamps, automatic wipers and so on.
It has always happened on occasion, but seems to have gotten a little worse since I was converted to TeslaVision (via FSDBeta). My take is that Tesla seems to concentrate on FSD development and has put refining AP on the back burner. Hopefully recent NHTSB investigations will prod them to start up serious AP refinement again.
I hope they don't mess with the old software. I dislike Autopilot as much as the next driver (such that I really don't use it), but I don't want Tesla burning manpower on that when FSD Beta is showing signs of life. Just keep up the Beta push.

Reactions: sf_michael
Yeah, I've been watching FSD Beta videos for a while now. I'm still waiting for either the Beta membership to be enlarged again or for them to just release it as the official software stack.

I was using the 26th because that was the end date of his EDD. If you're wondering why Tesla would pick that date, it's just some dumb software doing its thing (Mr. Bean in action). I kinda chuckle when I see EDDs that straddle two quarters. I hope that once FSD Beta is ready for release they can get back to the more mundane software tasks like the infotainment system, the EDD predictor, the matrix headlamps, automatic headlamps, automatic wipers and so on.

I hope they don't mess with the old software. I dislike Autopilot as much as the next driver (such that I really don't use it), but I don't want Tesla burning manpower on that when FSD Beta is showing signs of life. Just keep up the Beta push.
FSDBeta has a long way to go. Don’t buy the hype. It is not even close to useful in my neck of the woods. I’m sure they’ll get there eventually, but don’t expect it anytime in the next three years at least. I’m also skeptical HW3 is enough. There are too many situations where higher reasolution, more frames per second, or more cameras are needed.

Reactions: Andrometer4
Delivery date was 8/27, but the delivery (VIN 342xxx) was rejected due to a dent and scratches on a rear bumper. SA had confirmed the car will be ready shortly then, EDD was set to 8/27-8/31 w/ new VIN (346xxx). However, it pushed out 2 weeks window 9/1-9/14 w/o VIN. Today (8/31), EDD is postponed again to 9/4-9/18. Interestingly, they are holding a down payment even if the car has not been delivered. Having a terrible journey with Tesla unfortunately. Any thoughts? Hopefully, good luck on yours.

EDD16 Updated today (9/5). 3rd VIN assigned (354xxx)

M3LR Deep Blue Metallic / 19" Sport Wheels / Black and White Premium Interior / No FSD / SoCal

OD 5/23/22 |
EDD1 Aug-Nov l EDD2 Sep-Dec l EDD3 Aug-Nov l EDD4 08/14-08/28 / EDD5 08/15-08/28 / EDD6 (08/16) 08/19-08/29 / EDD7 (08/20) 08/23-09/05 / EDD8 (08/24) 08/27-09/05 | EDD9 (8/24) 08/27-08/31 w/ Vin 342xxx | EDD10 (8/25) 08/27 pick-up at Carlsbad, CA | EDD10' 8/27 Reject Delivery | EDD11 (8/27) 8/27-8/31 w/ VIN 346xxx | EDD12 (8/28) 9/1-9/18 | EDD13 (08/31) 9/1-9/14 w/o VIN | EDD14 (9/1) 9/4-9/18 | EDD15 (9/3) 9/6-9/18 | EDD16 (9/5) 9/8-9/15 w/ VIN 354xxx

Lesson learned

1. Look carefully when inspection on the delivery date
2. No need to make a down-payment early. Do this on the delivery date after inspection.
3. No one can for sure next delivery date after delivery rejection - Just wait till SA gives us an update.