Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a very fair point but I think they may have priced them selves out of people buying FSD outright now. Yeah back in the day it was more worth it but at 15k that's a steep price. That's almost 25% of the car itself
Right. That's why they discounted the FSD product. They just called it Enhanced Autopilot. The current FSD product is for people who want to lock in the price for FSD Beta functionality. That was always the functionality that I had my eye on; the only bit of FSD capability (now in EAP) is the highway lane change capability. And even that is disappointing because it's rather abrupt.

The FSD software works like a nervous kid on his learner's permit. The FSD Beta software works like that same kid who has had his license for about six months. So he has calmed down and now has some basic skills. But he's no chauffeur, which is where FSD needs to be if they want to have a robotaxi.

In MO we buy a vehicle and then we go to the MO License Office and pay sales tax, licencing fees and such. How does Tesla handle that since they have that whole section of gov't licenses and fees on their invoice?

Any MO members who have taken delivery have insight?

Thanks

I cant speak to your state but in ny they collect and submit the sales at dealership level and also do all the dmv paperwork too. Always been that way here when purchasing a car at dealership. Now private party sales you have to fill out dmv form and pay sales tax on price you put on dmv form.

Just a quick review after having the car for a few days. The car has completely fulfilled the hype. One pedal driving awesome, the smoothness of the drivetrain is incredible, the app makes using the vehicle a dream, and the act of just driving it is effortless. It was with the wait. I may have gone a bit overboard on accessories….lol. Tint being installed a week from Friday. Me and the wife will start on the Tesbros front end PPF kit this weekend

Attachments

• B420B7D1-49C4-4447-BBE0-DA896C3F08E4.jpeg
    B420B7D1-49C4-4447-BBE0-DA896C3F08E4.jpeg
    694.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 5722B369-1A9D-44E5-9AC9-AE73F9969B77.jpeg
    5722B369-1A9D-44E5-9AC9-AE73F9969B77.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 51
  • CAA90FB4-C64A-4651-B2CF-3ACA01101BCB.jpeg
    CAA90FB4-C64A-4651-B2CF-3ACA01101BCB.jpeg
    631.9 KB · Views: 48
New update a few minutes ago my edd was updated to Dec 22 was kinda expecting it but doesn't make any easier. The waiting is the worst part
Sorry to hear about the setback, but Tesla switches to western deliveries about this time. If there really are rail worker slowdowns in effect then they're going to want to make the switch to their truck-only western deliveries even sooner.

I'll refine your observation about waiting to say that it's no so much the waiting as the not-knowing. I have the patience of a saint, but if I can't set my expectations from the start because I don't have an end date, I find the process pretty stressful.

Sorry to hear about the setback, but Tesla switches to western deliveries about this time. If there really are rail worker slowdowns in effect then they're going to want to make the switch to their truck-only western deliveries even sooner.
Not too upset about it I was kinda expecting it. On a positive note I'll just have a bigger down payment. And a great Christmas gift. I'm just keeping positive vibes.

Reactions: RobertsM3SR