Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I ordered my M3LR on 7/12, MSM, White int, 18 Aero, EAP, no FSD. Picked it up yesterday in Dedham, MA. It's pretty much flawless, did a detailed inspection and found no issues. I'm not ruling out some 'new car excitement blindness' though lol. Drove it around for 4 hours yesterday and it is an amazing driving experience. 1 pedal driving and instant acceleration make the car completely worth it! It's quiet, smooth, and the sound system is great.

I do have one issue, I have no way of charging it. I received no cables of any kind with the car. I did order the mobile kit back in July and have heard nothing from them. I have emailed them 3 times for an update, no response. And now I'm seeing people have ordered the kit a week ago and are already receiving it?? So I cancelled that order and just ordered another one. But I have to say, that is absolutely ridiculous. The fact that the car didn't come with any way to charge it is laughable and beyond irritating.
The car should have come with a J1772 adapter. You can use this with any public level 2 charger. Obviously Superchargers are also an option.

Hi All,
I ordered my M3LR on 7/12, MSM, White int, 18 Aero, EAP, no FSD. Picked it up yesterday in Dedham, MA. It's pretty much flawless, did a detailed inspection and found no issues. I'm not ruling out some 'new car excitement blindness' though lol. Drove it around for 4 hours yesterday and it is an amazing driving experience. 1 pedal driving and instant acceleration make the car completely worth it! It's quiet, smooth, and the sound system is great.

I do have one issue, I have no way of charging it. I received no cables of any kind with the car. I did order the mobile kit back in July and have heard nothing from them. I have emailed them 3 times for an update, no response. And now I'm seeing people have ordered the kit a week ago and are already receiving it?? So I cancelled that order and just ordered another one. But I have to say, that is absolutely ridiculous. The fact that the car didn't come with any way to charge it is laughable and beyond irritating.
When I ordered mine a week ago, I got it in about 5 days. It shows on the box that it was sent from Palo Alto, CA SC which is about 30min away from my house. My best advice is, if you really need to, drive to your nearest SC and buy a mobile charger directly from them (or call ahead of time to see if its possible).
Heading out to pick up the Tesla now! Will post an update this evening :)
Good luck! Cant wait to hear about it

When I ordered mine a week ago, I got it in about 5 days. It shows on the box that it was sent from Palo Alto, CA SC which is about 30min away from my house. My best advice is, if you really need to, drive to your nearest SC and buy a mobile charger directly from them (or call ahead of time to see if its possible).

Good luck! Cant wait to hear about it
Yeah maybe I need to cancel my previous order from June if new orders really are shipping so quickly.

Reactions: Cho22
Was suddenly bumped up from December to next week. I asked and was told my car does not have matrix headlights as only the Performance model is equipped as such. I asked if I could refuse and go back to my December date for delivery. The SA then said if I do that car also will not have the matrix lights. That’s not what others are posting here. I’m confused what to do.

Reactions: RobertsM3SR
Was suddenly bumped up from December to next week. I asked and was told my car does not have matrix headlights as only the Performance model is equipped as such. I asked if I could refuse and go back to my December date for delivery. The SA then said if I do that car also will not have the matrix lights. That’s not what others are posting here. I’m confused what to do.
That sounds like they’re providing false information as far as I’ve seen

That sounds like BS. All cars recently produced seem to have matrix.

Sounds to me like they have no clue what they’re talking about. Every single car delivered recently has come with matrix headlights

They claim the matrix lights were due to supply chain issues which are now fixed, hence no more matrix on the LR.
You are in Florida which means your vehicle was built at least a few weeks ago. There have been posters here with newer vehicles that have matrix headlights. The SA is confused. Most likely, the vehicle they are offering you is not a recent build. They were using old headlights a few months ago.

Do you have a vin ? post after the F 3XXXX so we can see how old it is

Does anyone know when do they start delivering 2023 model 3 LR since my edd is now moved back to dec22 wondering if I'll get the 22 or 23 model either way is fine.
Cars produced after Dec 31st are 23 models. Tesla doesn’t do normal model years like the rest. They stick to the production date for labeling.

Update: I was informed this is no longer true. Tesla sometimes starts using next year VINs a couple months prior to the New Year.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when do they start delivering 2023 model 3 LR since my edd is now moved back to dec22 wondering if I'll get the 22 or 23 model either way is fine.
Cars produced after Dec 31st are 23 models. Tesla doesn’t do normal model years like the rest. They stick to the production date for labeling.
Not true. 2022's were Nov1, 2021 and after.
Ok makes sense this is my first time buying a tesla wasn't sure when they switched over.
Not true. 2022's M3 were Nov 1, 2021 and after. Some years it has been in October.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394