Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR RWD/Pearl White/19”/Black int/EAP/FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or every for sale thread where the 3 of them have to give their opinion,, hopefully the ban hammer strikes a few more times..

If by one of the 3 you mean me, I really couldn't care less if it happens. I came here interested in buying a tesla but mostly I've changed my mind and decided to wait and see what else comes up on the market.

Now I stick around purely for entertainment and the small added chance of saving an uniformed buyer from spending their hard earned cash on an outrageous price for a used car. As long as I can, I will point this out!

Our December delivered 3 is shared by two drivers, has 13k, from February though end of August (December and January used the SUV more). Tires are worn about two millimeters, rotated. Brakes and rotors are like new. Shocks, suspension, what could we measure there? Our white interior is like new as well. Ideally, Tesla would have maintained "hidden" counters of charge, rate, frequency, source, and such, to help single out the cars that are supercharged only and/or cars that are run down to less than 10% and rapidly charged to full, regularly. It probably doesn't mean much but it would be something I'd be interested to know. What would be the rationale for steep depreciation on mileage alone?

If by one of the 3 you mean me, I really couldn't care less if it happens. I came here interested in buying a tesla but mostly I've changed my mind and decided to wait and see what else comes up on the market.

Now I stick around purely for entertainment and the small added chance of saving an uniformed buyer from spending their hard earned cash on an outrageous price for a used car. As long as I can, I will point this out!

Do you also go around to your local dealerships and police there pricing as well?

That's a silly question but to answer it, no, I wouldn't take advantage of someone like that. To start with, I wouldn't even think of posting anything used for sale for the price (or higher) it can be had new and improved.

Reactions: Daniel_6

I hope you continue to do this - it is truly helpful for those that are in, or hoping to join the community. The idea that folks who do this are being banned, or should be - is incredibly off putting.

Also sellers need feedback that their expectations are out of line with the market realities. When I sold my car I would have welcomed feedback on my price had i of been out of line with the market. The problem seems to come when folks get defensive about the bad news that their expectations are out of whack.

Do you also go around to your local dealerships and police there pricing as well?

Why exactly do you believe this to be bad behavior? This isn’t a used car lot, it’s a forum that had a reputation to uphold. If that reputation is that TMC is the place where people get screwed on used cars - how long do you think this will last?

Outside of that - frankly speaking the folks who come in and scrutinize poor deals are doing far more of a service than those who for some reason think it’s okay for people to come here and hope that some sucker might rescue them by bailing them out of their poor financial decisions.

Last edited:
I hope you continue to do this - it is truly helpful for those that are in, or hoping to join the community. The idea that folks who do this are being banned, or should be - is incredibly off putting.

Also sellers need feedback that their expectations are out of line with the market realities. When I sold my car I would have welcomed feedback on my price had i of been out of line with the market. The problem seems to come when folks get defensive about the bad news that their expectations are out of whack.

Why exactly do you believe this to be bad behavior? This isn’t a used car lot, it’s a forum that had a reputation to uphold. If that reputation is that TMC is the place where people get screwed on used cars - how long do you think this will last?

Outside of that - frankly speaking the folks who come in and scrutinize poor deals are doing far more of a service than those who for some reason think it’s okay for people to come here and hope that some sucker might rescue them by bailing them out of their poor financial decisions.
Part of the problem is they dont say a word if the price is below market value only when they perceive it to be out of line with what the market is doing and when they think the price is too high.

As far as people being banned, it really has nothing to do with disagreements about pricing of people's cars. If you go and read the threads that got them banned you will see how out of hands the comments got.

We live in a free speech and free market society and people can say what they want but there are better ways to do this instead some people bash others and berate them about why they need to lower their pricing. People can also list any price they want for whatever it is they are selling. If you disagree with someone pricing and reasoning, sure leave a comment but make it a constructive one. For sale threads get way out of hand with negative comments when certain individuals comments which makes people not come back to tmc.

That's not true. There are posts on proper sales ads where the asking price is where it should be so the seller has some feedback. You're choosing only to see the threads with delusional sellers.

That's not true. There are posts on proper sales ads where the asking price is where it should be so the seller has some feedback. You're choosing only to see the threads with delusional sellers.
My point is that no one corrects someone selling a tesla under market price only when its perceived to be overpriced.

I look at all for sale ads since were in the market for another tesla.

My point is that no one corrects someone selling a tesla under market price only when its perceived to be overpriced.

I look at all for sale ads since were in the market for another tesla.

Fair enough but I did see at least once James post that it's the cheapest <insert car for sale> he saw for sale. Can't remember which thread.

In any case, sorry OP for all this off-topic, no harm meant.

@MarkZinger

Isnt this same combo on Teslas website 46,000? I'm failing to see why someone would buy yours when they can get the same thing new. If 20% depreciation is an okay metric to use shouldn't this price be nearer 36,800? Obviously youve kept it in good condition I'm just trying to follow how you got your price.

Thanks ☺️

Attachments

• F1905473-E462-443A-87F6-BDE186F0DF3D.png
    F1905473-E462-443A-87F6-BDE186F0DF3D.png
    243.1 KB · Views: 48
@MarkZinger

Isnt this same combo on Teslas website 46,000? I'm failing to see why someone would buy yours when they can get the same thing new. If 20% depreciation is an okay metric to use shouldn't this price be nearer 36,800? Obviously youve kept it in good condition I'm just trying to follow how you got your price.

Thanks ☺️

I’m guessing you don’t know the difference between standard range and long range versions ?

Reactions: TMThree
You can pretty easily price this car by obtaining the current AWD with these specs then subtracting ~$4000 (which is what AWD typically costs over RWD). Then subtract for miles and age. You might want to credit the vehicle a little bit for RWD LR combo that cannot be purchase anymore, but I suspect that won't factor in much.

Current pricing is $55,490 - ($1300 fed tax rebate) - ($4000 for AWD) = $50,200, and then whatever age and miles cost.

Looks like OP is discounting the vehicle by 11.5% at his $46,000 price.