Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 & Model Y LED Frunk Light Strip Mod

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this has been done a few times, and linked, but daaaamn! The LED frunk strip mod is totally worth it. Super useless, and unnecessary, but it looks legit!

I put together a super short, unprofessional YouTube video showing it, how it connects, and where to purchase.

Humble plug... like and sub if you dig it.

Thanks all!

Looks like this mod is becoming very popular. I've seen a few posts that stated it doesn't work with the power frunk from EV Offer. Anyone with a Model Y power frunk get it to work without the mod disabling the button in the frunk?

Looks like this mod is becoming very popular. I've seen a few posts that stated it doesn't work with the power frunk from EV Offer. Anyone with a Model Y power frunk get it to work without the mod disabling the button in the frunk?

That I have no clue, but Im not sure why it wouldnt. It simply splices the already in place frunk light and thats it. Wonder why it doesnt work with it? Hmmm.

I was going to buy this but noticed satonic has option for Atom and Ryzen CPU models. Does anyone know what the difference could be in the trunk button wiring on the Ryzen? They warn it can blow out your trunk light if you buy the wrong one.

Are the wires diff color or more/less wires? If anyone has more info please chime in.

I was going to buy this but noticed satonic has option for Atom and Ryzen CPU models. Does anyone know what the difference could be in the trunk button wiring on the Ryzen? They warn it can blow out your trunk light if you buy the wrong one.

Are the wires diff color or more/less wires? If anyone has more info please chime in.

I sold this Model YP that I did this mod on in the original post, and got a 21 MSLR now. Great timing on your end, as I just installed the Hannshow "plug and play" strip yesterday in it. Its fully plug and play using a jumper and the S is a Ryzen chipset. Its also Bluetooth with full RGB using an app for iOS or Android. Works awesomely!

Ill be posting a video soon today on YT of the installation, but in the meantime, heres a link to it. Yes, its pricier but the plug and play feature sold me.

Quick vid I did adding a frunk light strip to my 21 Model S LR. This strip can be customized to fit any Model and year, plug and play, so its well worth it!

Humble like and sub if you can as well! Had to plug it, sorry, HAHA!