Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4487 2.jpg
Hmm, I don't see any catchup on this satin wrapped midnight silver.
Looks a lot nicer than old school chrome !!

Anyone agree ??

Reactions: tracksyde
Fred Lambert of Electrek is in the nose changed camp as well...
"The different angles of the front-end also show that it has been significantly refined since the alpha prototypes"

How many shots from different angles, camera lenses, camera distances, lighting conditions, sun conditions, M3 colors, etc will it take for the nose hasn't changed camp to admit that it has changed?

We can all agree it isn't a "significant" change like Lambert says. Right? It's very much similar to the original nose.

A little change made a significant difference.

A little exercise makes all the difference.
A little less salt can drastically reduce blood pressure.
A few more smiles can change a whole day.

A little change to the front fascia has made a significant difference. Teslas design team knows what they are doing and how to do it.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
There is absolutely no way I believe you guys are going to put decals on your new Teslas.

Well yes and no. The State of California requires that you apply four ugly stickers in order for a BEV to use the car pool lanes with a single person. So now I have to decide whether I want to deface my TM3 with four ugly stickers or give up the benefit of using the car pool lane as a single person. This is going to be a tough call for me.

Well yes and no. The State of California requires that you apply four ugly stickers in order for a BEV to use the car pool lanes with a single person. So now I have to decide whether I want to deface my TM3 with four ugly stickers or give up the benefit of using the car pool lane as a single person. This is going to be a tough call for me.
Really? That's horrible.

Really? That's horrible.

Yeah, totally defaces the car ... (most of us put the stickers on a scrap piece of Xpel, and then (after trimming carefully), attach the Xpel to the wrapped car. Nothing comes close to actually touching paint).

roadster pier 2.jpg

Yeah, if that picture of the white car doesn't satisfy you, I predict that even seeing cars in person you will be claiming "but your eyes could be playing tricks on you."
Well if you have a car in person, you can run your hands down the crease and see where it ends. That should settle things with no guess work.

The fact is that there isn't a picture of any of the newer cars that looks like the old nose. The old silver prototype wasn't matte. In the picture below there are plenty of reflections, just not the magic reflections that make creases appear to go a different way (the fact is that the reflections follow the body shape, so of course all the reflections on the new cars will follow the new curve):
The silver was not truly matte, but it's still a bit different than the RCs we are seeing so far (and also different than the red prototype which also was really hard to tell the curves).

Tesla-Gigafactory-Model-3-front-three-quarter.jpg

Can you really believe this is the same nose? There are about as few reflections in this picture as you are likely to see.
View attachment 225504

Edit: Adding another picture of the silver prototype to show how the reflections on the old alpha's just never seemed to hide the crease the way they always seem to on the new RCs (hint, in both cars everything below the crease reflects the road, everything above it reflects the sky. The horizon reflection follows the crease, not the other way around):

View attachment 225515
The horizon line I'm talking about is for example on the white car, as follows:
nose_horizon.jpg

For the record, I'm on the side that the nose changed, but I can see why there are those that still are not convinced.

Yeah, totally defaces the car ... (most of us put the stickers on a scrap piece of Xpel, and then (after trimming carefully), attach the Xpel to the wrapped car. Nothing comes close to actually touching paint).

View attachment 225537
That's absolutely horrible. I wonder why they didn't come up with a windshield sticker or something more discrete like a infrared sensor or something mounted on your plate holder....like we have here in Illinois.

That's absolutely horrible. I wonder why they didn't come up with a windshield sticker or something more discrete like a infrared sensor of something mounted on your plate holder....like we have here in Illinois.

I was fine with it* - I'm sure there are better solutions, but this one works. Now that I've moved out of California, I've removed the decals with nary a trace left behind. Though I wish Washington State had a HOV lane program for EVs. I'd happily apply new decals to take advantage of the HOV lanes here.

Note, some people would be horrified to see you attached a front plate. It's all relative. :)

*I admit that it made me a little crazy when I saw Tesla's with the stickers applied crooked. It screamed at my little corner of OCDedness.

Reactions: boaterva
I was fine with it* - I'm sure there are better solutions, but this one works. Now that I've moved out of California, I've removed the decals with nary a trace left behind. Though I wish Washington State had a HOV lane program for EVs. I'd happily apply new decals to take advantage of the HOV lanes here.

Note, some people would be horrified to see you attached a front plate. It's all relative. :)

*I admit that it made me a little crazy when I saw Tesla's with the stickers applied crooked. It screamed at my little corner of OCDedness.

Im many places, front license plates are required by law. No choice.

Yup, I'm among them (front plate defacing the car). Also - photo evidence that Garlan is a Model S owner (I keep going back and forth on if he's really a current owner based on his posts).

Here in Utah, they have a set number of vehicles allowed to get a Clean Air Decal. You enter into a lottery, and if you win, you get a decal with a little chip on it that you apply to the inside of your windshield next to your mirror. The toll readers (our HOV lane is combo HOV/Toll) read the chip, and give you a green light just like you had a toll tag. I presume that's similar to how Illinois' works. Anyhow, I made the mistake of applying the decal directly to the windshield the first time, realized I put it in the wrong place, and tried to move it, breaking the chip. Whoops. Then I got a Leaf as my commuter car (Tesla is family car), so was able to get a new decal when I transferred it to the Leaf. This time I was smarter and used Sticker Shield (Amazon.com: STICKER SHIELD - Windshield Sticker Applicator For Easy Application, Removal and Re-application From Car to Car - 2 packs of 4 inch x 6 inch sheets (Total of 4 sheets): Automotive), making it much easier to remove in the future, similar to bonnie's solution with Xpel on the exterior decal.

Im many places, front license plates are required by law. No choice.
Hah, I know. Same with the decals inCA if you want to use the HOV lane. I was only commenting on the fact that while he didn't like the decals, he still put the front plate on (and there are plenty of folks here on TMC that run without the front plate, even though required by law).

Status
Not open for further replies.