Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Myths

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, guess this thread got picked to be trolled, shame, I thought it was a clever topic

Where were the rules to this thread, officer? A myth is a myth.

To me, the biggest problem with becoming a first time Tesla owner is all the myths of goodness that aren't true. I would have been better off knowing the truth upfront. I still like my Model 3, and I would buy it again, but I wouldn't want to go through learning the hard way again about the myths that are propagated by fanboys.

Fanboys are as harmful as short sellers with their lies, but their lies are just on the other side of the spectrum.

"Software updates make the Tesla better with every update."

Well, some things get better, but it definitely happens that some things get worse. Ask the guy that almost killed his dog in a hot car when a software update caused Dog Mode to fail.
I don't believe that was an update issue. That edge-case flawed behavior was there to start with (and I knew about it before that report surfaced with that story).

The only time I've found an update to be arguably a true regression was the ELDA fiasco. A feature add that was flawed in many use cases that you couldn't [initially] opt out of.

So I'm gonna have to give a thumbs down on this being a "myth". My car has consistently improved over the last 20 months, in relatively small but constant steps, to the degree it is head spinning to look back on. In 2018 at times it struggled to hold the lane in relatively modest degree highway curves, and it was spooky as all get out with tight exchange ramps. My car now stops by itself for red lights and stop signs? It'll now finish a 90 degree left turn through an intersection at a T when the lane is marked with paint as turn-only? Ok, it'll beep at me that it is concerned about confidence, still mind boggling.

Last edited:
I don't believe that was an update issue. That edge-case flawed behavior was there to start with (and I knew about it before that report surfaced with that story).

The only time I've found an update to be arguably a true regression was the ELDA fiasco. A feature add that was flawed in many use cases that you couldn't [initially] opt out of.

So I'm gonna have to give a thumbs down on this being a "myth". My car has consistently improved over the last 20 months, in relatively small but constant steps, to the degree it is head spinning to look back on. In 2018 at times it struggled to hold the lane in relatively modest degree highway curves, and it was spooky as all get out with tight exchange ramps. My car now stops by itself for red lights and stop signs? It'll now finish a 90 degree left turn through an intersection at a T when the lane is marked with paint as turn-only? Ok, it'll beep at me that it is concerned about confidence, still mind boggling.

He said Tesla told him they were coming up with a fix in a later version. I guess he could be a short seller making sh*t up, or you could be a fanboy that covers for everything Tesla does wrong. But I have also watched YouTube videos from Tesla loyalists that point out functions that got worse with updates, so I don't know if I should believe you or them.

To me, the biggest problem with becoming a first time Tesla owner is all the myths of goodness that aren't true. I would have been better off knowing the truth upfront. I still like my Model 3, and I would buy it again, but I wouldn't want to go through learning the hard way again about the myths that are propagated by fanboys.

Fanboys are as harmful as short sellers with their lies, but their lies are just on the other side of the spectrum.

Okay, that was good Ivanka, but can you try to emote more? We need eyebrows! Here we go! "Over the top 'special' person rant, take #12!" /s/s/s/s

He said Tesla told him they were coming up with a fix in a later version.
That doesn't change that it was behavior that was there all along.
...or you could be a fanboy that covers for everything Tesla does wrong.
Or you could have trouble reading? LOL You'd expect this from someone that uses the word "fiasco"? Come on, man. Think.
But I have also watched YouTube videos from Tesla loyalists that point out functions that got worse with updates, so I don't know if I should believe you or them.
There's specific trade-offs in behaviors in the driving AI you'll see. Sometimes there is borrowing from one to benefit another, and the result is a push overall there. But really that's a step sideways, at worst.

Reactions: Runt8

tm-5.jpg

He said Tesla told him they were coming up with a fix in a later version. I guess he could be a short seller making sh*t up, or you could be a fanboy that covers for everything Tesla does wrong. But I have also watched YouTube videos from Tesla loyalists that point out functions that got worse with updates, so I don't know if I should believe you or them.

You should treat both with equal skepticism .. and look for independent, unbiased, confirmation or refutation.

• Love
Reactions: Runt8
How much power can you charge here? 1.21 Giga watts. Does it also have a flux capacitor?

According to Wikipedia, a typical lightning bolt carries about 5 gigajoules of energy, which is delivered in "a few microseconds". Now, a 100 kWh battery can store 360 megajoules of energy (100k * 60 * 60). Assuming 80% efficiency of the charging system, that single lightning bolt has enough energy to charge 11 Teslas .. in microseconds!

Time to patent "LightningCharger" .. drive up .. blink .. drive away fully charged!. As a bonus it also cooks any food placed in the trunk, sanitizes the car, and exfoliates your skin. What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited: