Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Myths

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had someone tell me they would consider it if Tesla had a backup spare battery built into the car. I said, if you knew you had a spare battery, you'd just assume your car had the full range the entire time so what's the point? You could mentally limit off 10% of your range and pretend that's the "spare battery". He said "nah it's different."

Amazing

I had someone tell me they would consider it if Tesla had a backup spare battery built into the car. I said, if you knew you had a spare battery, you'd just assume your car had the full range the entire time so what's the point? You could mentally limit off 10% of your range and pretend that's the "spare battery". He said "nah it's different."
Pssst, little secret. Tesla does have an extra 2.5kWh spare capacity that your car doesn't tell you about until you run out.

But now you have to try forget that. ;)

F47703C9-A376-4845-AE95-64DE274122D1.jpeg
The thread starter said myths about their tesla. The misconceptions the owners have about their own Tesla. And the responders are listing things that wrong things non Tesla owners say about Tesla.
I disagreed with the original poster because I disagreed with the original post. But it seems it confused most of you.
Sorry for being smart.

Here is what OP wrote.

“If you don't lock it it, won't sleep properly and will waste power

Pressing the brake pedal while doing a scroll wheel reset does a deeper reset.”

Non Tesla owners would not know about those things. OP is clearly saying Tesla owners believe in thing that are not true.
And the replies to the thread list things that non EV owners say about Tesla. And I thumbed down on them. Lol.

Here is what OP wrote....

those are the things that some Tesla owners would think. Non Tesla owners would not know anything about them.

And the replies were about general public’s misconception on Tesla. So I thumbed down on them.

JayNJ is the only one who agreed. Smart man.
F47703C9-A376-4845-AE95-64DE274122D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TLLMRRJ
View attachment 545864 The thread starter said myths about their tesla. The misconceptions the owners have about their own Tesla. And the responders are listing things that wrong things non Tesla owners say about Tesla.
I disagreed with the original poster because I disagreed with the original post. But it seems it confused most of you.
Sorry for being smart.

Here is what OP wrote.

Non Tesla owners would not know about those things. OP is clearly saying Tesla owners believe in thing that are not true.
And the replies to the thread list things that non EV owners say about Tesla. And I thumbed down on them. Lol.

Here is what OP wrote....

those are the things that some Tesla owners would think. Non Tesla owners would not know anything about them.

And the replies were about general public’s misconception on Tesla. So I thumbed down on them.

JayNJ is the only one who agreed. Smart man.
View attachment 545864

You went to great lengths to prove you were right.

• Funny
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Myth: Tesla people are all fanatical about Tesla (the company) and Elon...

Nah, with the release of Model 3 and the price of admission to the cult is much lower now, all sorts of riff-raff got in that have lapses of faith (myself included)

My neightbor once told me, that someone said "thats a £60k car" while pointing at my SR+ (that I got for £35k). Nice to know you can buy a car for £35k and people think its 60k I guess....

Reactions: SammichLover
I had a neighbor say "how do you sleep at night knowing you have lithium-ion batteries in your garage that could catch fire". My reply was, "You have a cell phone on your nightstand and/or in your pocket, right?"

I’ve gotten that question in some shape or form many times. My typical reply is “How do you feel about driving around with 10 to 15 gallons of toxic, flammable, explosive liquid in the back of your car?”

My favorite is more directed to the performance model.

"Its just fast for an electric car"
Or
"They're only fast up to 60mph"
Or
"Their only fast on 1/8 mile (or 1/4)"
Or
"They can't handle in the turns"

Before riding in one I also was under the impression that they were just "fast for an electric car". I assumed that the people who thought they were fast had never been in an actual fast car. That all changed when my friend took me for a ride in his model 3 Performance. I went home and put an ad out to sell my 470whp Camaro so I could buy a model 3. I've been breaking hearts at the drag strip and road course ever sense I picked mine up.

Last edited: