Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 New Pricing, up $400

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I buy an Sr now can you pay to have it upgraded to an SR+ later? Since it appears to be the same car?
In Canada, they are on the record confirming that the SR will not have access to a software unlock to upgrade. This may be to discourage it’s purchase, or to ensure compliance with Canadian federal incentive rules. Nobody is really sure at this point. The Canadian version of the SR has and even shorter range, and sells for a little less.

In Canada, they are on the record confirming that the SR will not have access to a software unlock to upgrade. This may be to discourage it’s purchase, or to ensure compliance with Canadian federal incentive rules. Nobody is really sure at this point. The Canadian version of the SR has and even shorter range, and sells for a little less.

I'm also really curious if 1. Anybody has actually ordered the 150 KM version, and 2. What Tesla will call it if anybody does. Surely they cannot have two cars called "Standard Range" in North America, one with 93 miles of range and one with 220 miles.

I just ordered mine:
LR RWD = $45,900 (with autopilot)
White = $1500
Black premium interior
Aero wheels

Stomach still in knots. My current cars are only 12 and 13 years old, a few more years left in each, but the EV swan song prevailed could not resist.

I bought about 6 weeks ago. If I waited one year it would have been perfect, financially. The last six weeks have been a mess. I'll be working my way out of this headache with extra shifts for months.

Totally worth it. Every day I get to drive I'm totally stoked. Also, I get to save some good miles on my 10 yr old Lincoln hybrid with 120 k miles for my son. Poor sucker, having to drive an ICE like a schnook!