Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance dealer discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this would be better asked on a different thread but I was wondering if there have been any major updates to the auto pilot computer or any other hardware on the model three through production that wouldn’t be on this car?

Nope. All 3s came with AP2.5 hardware and they still do today.

In theory the NN computer itself will be replaced in new builds sometime in the next few months with HW version 3- but it's only needed for FSD, not EAP... and if you bought FSD they will swap your old one out for the new one free anyway (takes about 30 minutes, might be something the mobile rangers can do)

Dude, this thread should've been titled "I Just Bought a Performance at a Discount!!!" What are you waiting for? Someone else will snatch it up.
Literally just waiting for the car to arrive, scheduled for delivery February 5th. On a side note does anyone know of any credit unions in southern fl or that deal with people from that area that offers a decent rate on a 72 month? I secured financing through tesla and the rate isn’t bad but i want to do better!

My M3P was built in September and delivered in perfect condition. Going on 5 months, zero problems. Only issue, I am still waiting to hear about rear spoiler and performance badge. Sticker was $81,700 but I did receive the $5K Performance refund in December. Same configuration today (without FSD since it is no longer available) is $71,700. If your demo includes FSD, I would purchase immediately as this option will cost $5K or more for those that did not purchase FSD in advance.
Sticker included Red multi-coat, Performance Upgrade, Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving, and Premium White interior.

My M3P was built in September and delivered in perfect condition. Going on 5 months, zero problems. Only issue, I am still waiting to hear about rear spoiler and performance badge. Sticker was $81,700 but I did receive the $5K Performance refund in December. Same configuration today (without FSD since it is no longer available) is $71,700. If your demo includes FSD, I would purchase immediately as this option will cost $5K or more for those that did not purchase FSD in advance.
Sticker included Red multi-coat, Performance Upgrade, Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving, and Premium White interior.

Okay so fast foward to today. Just took delivery a few hours ago and everything went smooth. The car has some scuffs inside from normally in and out but nothing in the paint or panel alignment. One taillight has condensation and a small piece of plastic trim along the bottom needs to be replaced at my cost but its very minimal. Total out the door was 65,700 plus tax but I didn’t pay tax because my trade transfers here in fl. Overall a great deal and still have full factory warranty

Reactions: jjrandorin
The $71,700 is including destination fees of $1,200. So I imagine that it is going to be 65,000 plus the 1,200.

I'd ask lots of questions about the $ and see if you can find an auto body guy to drag along. I found overspray on mine the day after I received it. It all came out, but I was kind of annoyed, because they had to rework something to have clear overspray on it and obvious place where it had been taped off. If you can't bring someone, I would find a shop first, then take it there and give $50 or something to review the car. A good body guy can point out things that may take you weeks to see if ever - but, if it takes you that long to notice, maybe its not a big deal???

Oh, and really listen for drive/motor noise under 40MPH. Mine is supposedly within spec, but it is much noise that my '13 S85.

So as long as your still getting the $3,750 tax credit, plus the 5K, I'd strongly consider it.

The $71,700 is including destination fees of $1,200. So I imagine that it is going to be 65,000 plus the 1,200.

I'd ask lots of questions about the $ and see if you can find an auto body guy to drag along. I found overspray on mine the day after I received it. It all came out, but I was kind of annoyed, because they had to rework something to have clear overspray on it and obvious place where it had been taped off. If you can't bring someone, I would find a shop first, then take it there and give $50 or something to review the car. A good body guy can point out things that may take you weeks to see if ever - but, if it takes you that long to notice, maybe its not a big deal???

Oh, and really listen for drive/motor noise under 40MPH. Mine is supposedly within spec, but it is much noise that my '13 S85.

So as long as your still getting the $3,750 tax credit, plus the 5K, I'd strongly consider it.
I looked the body over thoroughly and found nothing. Im very particular about my vehicles and am fine with the condition. No noise from the drive unit. As of this moment I think i got a pretty decent build knock on wood

Tent City Tesla's were the golden age of Tesla's. My wife's LR RWD was a Tent City build and never had a single issue. There are certain imperfections in my P3D+ not found in hers. I wish I had gotten my P3D+ earlier.

Her build is Vin: 20xxx, mine is 75xxx.

How do you know that 20xxx were built on the tent line? Did someone run your VIN thru the production software to confirm?

I would lean towards newer/later production. The demo may have been built when the factory was doing everything they could to get the cars out the door. A newer production model may have been assembled in less demanding conditions.

Mine was a December 20, 2018 build and while it has a few issues, I'm very happy overall with the quality.
Just my .02.

You'll want to look at the door sticker as the VIN really isn't a good indicator of when the car was made. I have a P3D- made in Sept 2018 with a VIN in the 64k range. Car was flawless.

Hey guys new to the forum. Just wanted to run something past you guys. I was previously the owner of a 2016 model s 90d and have nothing but great things to say about it. Fast forward to about a week ago i decided to finally test drive a model 3 and currently have one on a 24 hour test drive. I have the 2500 deposit on a red model 3 performance with all the bells and whistles. Normal msrp on the car is 71,700 but this particular vehicle was a demo and Tesla was nice enough to discount it to 65k and some change. Full warranty and car only has about 2800 miles. I found the discount kinda steep but also found out that the reason why its so high is because the vehicle has had some repairs under warranty.
#1-new rear drive unit and pyro fuse
#2-new 12v battery
#3- rear tail light
#4-hood latch adjustment
All minor minus the drive unit but it doesn’t seem all that uncommon with these cars. Would this deter you guys from a sweet deal or is this to good to pass up assuming everything is 100% fixed?
Also Vin is in the 55500 range if anyone has anything specific to add. Any input would be greaty appreciated!

Looks like one of first P Model 3s built. Does it come with badge and spoiler out of curiosity?

I like the July built cars myself. Maybe you get lifetime premium data and all Orange roof as a perks?

Not only do you save the 7K but you save the tax and registration on that amount as well.

Looks like one of first P Model 3s built. Does it come with badge and spoiler out of curiosity?

I like the July built cars myself. Maybe you get lifetime premium data and all Orange roof as a perks?

Not only do you save the 7K but you save the tax and registration on that amount as well.
No badge or spoiler unfortunately. Probably one of the first although after seeing a few more model 3s in person i can say im quite impressed with the panels gaps on this car. I actually have some info about the build from a member here and It was infact buit on a tent line. What is the orange roof?

So i washed my car yesterday and see what you mean by orange roof. Very cool, i had this affect on my model s after installing 3m Crystalline
FF240001-7AB9-40B5-B389-8179E9653231.jpeg
759D14A8-0970-4126-A27B-246AA7CD5F4A.jpeg

No badge or spoiler unfortunately. Probably one of the first although after seeing a few more model 3s in person i can say im quite impressed with the panels gaps on this car. I actually have some info about the build from a member here and It was infact buit on a tent line. What is the orange roof?

Performance Model 3s built around that time has a chance for the full orange coated roof when wet. Not functionally different but just a cool Easter egg.

For sure a tent Model 3 as those were low volume
at the time. While there is no statistics, anecdotes tell me that the most difficult Model 3 vins were built in September.

That was the shove out as many cars as possible
to hit that magic Q3. Forums were really rife with delivery rejections. Seems to have settled down in Q4 and Q1.

Regarding badge and spoilers, I think they come sooon for all cars as my early aug delivery is getting one installed this weekend.

If your car came with spoilers and badge it would have been the very first ones made as those were earmarked for test drives.

Did you buy it? Oh my car was sent into service later to fix some minor paint nibs and they proactively replaced my 12V. That seems to be an early build issue.

7690CE82-3A60-4DDD-BF67-A2FC150691C8.jpeg

Last edited:
My car was built towards the end of July. My roof is orange but the back section with the defeosters is normal. Wasn’t lucky i guess lol. Yes i did buy it, overall happy with the purchase. Have a few small interior blemishes i want to fix but the 6k in adjustments made it worth my while.

Reactions: MXWing
Hi All - Found this thread after starting a similar process but not sure how you got the history on the car. I just placed a deposit on a 2018 Black Model 3 Performance with white interior and I had them drop the FSD. The car has ~1,000 miles which I'm assuming means it was returned or a demo. When asking the sales advisor and delivery team they say there is no history they can share on the car. Out of curiosity I pulled a Carfax and it shows the car sold on 12/22/18 and had a registration event on 3/6/2019. I was assured the car would be sold as New as in CO they can only sell new and would be eligible for the Federal & State tax credits. The vin is in the 78,xxx range. Thoughts - any concerns I should be aware of assuming it is really sold as new with the full warranty? Price adjustment is $-10,700.

Hi All - Found this thread after starting a similar process but not sure how you got the history on the car. I just placed a deposit on a 2018 Black Model 3 Performance with white interior and I had them drop the FSD. The car has ~1,000 miles which I'm assuming means it was returned or a demo. When asking the sales advisor and delivery team they say there is no history they can share on the car. Out of curiosity I pulled a Carfax and it shows the car sold on 12/22/18 and had a registration event on 3/6/2019. I was assured the car would be sold as New as in CO they can only sell new and would be eligible for the Federal & State tax credits. The vin is in the 78,xxx range. Thoughts - any concerns I should be aware of assuming it is really sold as new with the full warranty? Price adjustment is $-10,700.

You need to investigate what the “registration event” was. If the car was registered to a previous owner and then returned you may not be eligible for either the Colorado rebate or Federal tax credit. You can ask Tesla to run a service history on the car and see if any service has been performed on it. But I think the registration cloud is your biggest challenge here.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
v
You need to investigate what the “registration event” was. If the car was registered to a previous owner and then returned you may not be eligible for either the Colorado rebate or Federal tax credit. You can ask Tesla to run a service history on the car and see if any service has been performed on it. But I think the registration cloud is your biggest challenge here.
Thank you for your response! I'll talk to the delivery team again tomorrow and see if they can get me the service history. Regarding the Tax Credit I'll see if they can provide more clarity.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 6.32.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 6.32.53 PM.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 73