Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Free Charging Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone purchase a model 3 performance during that promotion period that included the "free charging for life"? I upgraded from a dual motor to the performance in order to get that promo, took delivery a little over a month ago, and still my account is pay per use. Anyone else in the same boat?

When I went to pick mine up they said it did not have free supercharging and I needed to contact my delivery adviser if I was supposed to have it.
I used a friends promo code.
I rejected that car, but I do wonder if my next one will have free supercharging. My thoughts are that this will be something I need to fight for. I'm not sure I have any written proof since I could only add the referral code over the phone, so hopefully tesla will make good on it.

edit:
Maybe I did do it online and took screenshots :)

Beatrice was ordered when FUSC was included without a referral. I have e-mail confirmation that it applies to my vehicle. The website and the car firmware aren't aware of that yet though.

I’ve supercharged 3 times and never been billed. I have an email stating I have lifetime supercharging. They said it may be a few weeks until it shows up in my account.
I'm in the same boat too. I've not tried to supercharge yet. I was told when I took delivery (4 weeks ago) that it would be 3 weeks to reflect the free so not sure what the hold up is. I was assured by the DA and multiple CSR's....

I'm taking a trip this weekend so I'll test if the charges show up then

I took delivery 8/21 and my online account still says "Pay Per Use Supercharging". I have used supercharging several times now and have never been billed. 51-Tesla stated my online account hasn't been updated yet. I'm not getting billed so I really don' care anymore.

ive been billed and called to find out when it would be added. they said they saw that my car was ordered before the cutoff date and that it could take 3-4 weeks to reflect on account, and that all charges would be refunded.

they said if no change after a month, call back.

I’ve seen the charge screen of someone charging next to me and it shows a $$$ amount as it charges.

My friends RWD was delivered showing that dollar amount (of last charge)

Mine is blank. I cancel my original order to be sure I got it.

But my account shows pay per use.

My account on Tesla.com says that I have pay per use charging for my P3D+ even though I used a referral code. I email the Tesla store associate who helped me order the car and he assured me that I wouldn't get charged and the system just hadn't updated yet on the website. I'm going to try it at a supercharger this weekend and see what happens.