Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to install some 20mm spacers today. When I switched to aftermarket rims, we changed the lugs nuts because the oem lug nuts didn’t work. Well apparently that was enough to not work with the spacers. The bolts that came with the spacers are designed for the oem lug nuts. Any suggestions? This is a lot of trial and error.

Do your spacers have the hub lip bored?
Yea they are the model+ 5mm spacers.
I took a look at them yesterday and found the 2 rears are complete broken/cracked.
This probably happened during install, there's very little contact on the spacer to the hub so its easily knocked off the hub when putting the wheel back on.

I had vibration under pedal braking (not regen braking)
took the broken spacers off and no more vibration.

Probably going to wait for the 14mm black spacers to be available for the rear.

Did anyone try replacing studs with longer ones in the Blox/Bonoss spacers?
I'm trying to make a set of wheels work where 15mm spacers are not enough, but 20mm are too much. A 2-3mm spacer on top of 15mm would be ideal, but I'd rather get more than 7 turns.

Did anyone try replacing studs with longer ones in the Blox/Bonoss spacers?
I'm trying to make a set of wheels work where 15mm spacers are not enough, but 20mm are too much. A 2-3mm spacer on top of 15mm would be ideal, but I'd rather get more than 7 turns.
Not answering your question but if 15 is not enough and 20 is too much I think that’s getting pretty picky. As this thread attests, it’s really hard to get spacers work on these cars absent new lug bolts or trimming existing lug bolts. I’d go with the 20 that fits and just live with it. Certainly understand the pursuit of perfection but we’re talking about 2 to 3 mm here. Sometimes it’s best to let it go. I’m not sure stacking two spacers is a good idea. I thought about that as well but opted against it. Traverse Ridge can make you a custom set for about 125. They will make an 18mm for you.

• Informative
Reactions: dsgerbc
Quick question on torque and installing spacers. Traverse said 100 on the spacers and 129 on the wheels. I’m a little confused. The spacer bolts on to the hub using the oem bolts and lug nuts. The wheel is held to the spacer using the new bolts that came with the spacers. They are narrower than the oem bolts. Which gets 100 and which gets 129? Thanks.

Quick question on torque and installing spacers. Traverse said 100 on the spacers and 129 on the wheels. I’m a little confused. The spacer bolts on to the hub using the oem bolts and lug nuts. The wheel is held to the spacer using the new bolts that came with the spacers. They are narrower than the oem bolts. Which gets 100 and which gets 129? Thanks.
I am confused with the torque specs also, but I emailed Blox directly and they said they recommend 103 ft-lbs on all nuts, but also stated that some customers use 129 without issues.

I have read through a lot of this thread but still unclear. I have a M3P coming next week and want to add spacers when lowering on MPP Comforts. I don’t want any poke or risk rubbing and will be replacing the tires with 245 A/S. What I can’t figure out is what spacer size front rear will accomplish this and what spacers will fit without pressing in new bolts etc. at this point if someone just gives me a link I’d buy them.

I have read through a lot of this thread but still unclear. I have a M3P coming next week and want to add spacers when lowering on MPP Comforts. I don’t want any poke or risk rubbing and will be replacing the tires with 245 A/S. What I can’t figure out is what spacer size front rear will accomplish this and what spacers will fit without pressing in new bolts etc. at this point if someone just gives me a link I’d buy them.
The best you can do is a 5mm slip on for the front. There really is no other option. I run 245 as well. Other than that you are looking at trying an 18mm but it will poke too much.