Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Bro's,

Need some help/opinions, i'm based in London England.

Ive been running 15mm studded spacers in the rear from Blox, had to file down the factory studs a bit to get them to fit due to tolerances in the studs and wheel pockets and i'm running 5mm slip ons in the front.

The rear sits pretty flush (edge of tyre lip to fender) with the stretched oem p zeros but im just not happy with the setup, mainly the front so I had a little play.

I took one of the 15mm off from the rear and installed it on the front and it looked way better, but had a little poke and made the car look a bit front heavy with 15mm on the rear tyre edge sitting near flush/slightly within the edge of the fender.

I think 15mm all round could work if I could add some negative camber which you unfortunately cannot with a stock car and I dont particularly want to faff around shaving down the studs again to the front to get 15mm to fit.

So where do I go from here? If I have 15mm on the front should I go 18mm in the rear or 20mm?

Car is lowered on H&R suspension, roughly 30mm+ drop all round.

First image with the car on the ramp is with 15mm rear and 5mm front

Second image off ramp is 15mm rear and 15mm front.

Not the best angles unfortunately as I didnt take the pictures with posting them in mind!

Attachments

• 20211021_210348.jpg
    20211021_210348.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 536
  • 20211021_215114.jpg
    20211021_215114.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 469
Reactions: Foxjordan22
Hi Bro's,

Need some help/opinions, i'm based in London England.

Ive been running 15mm studded spacers in the rear from Blox, had to file down the factory studs a bit to get them to fit due to tolerances in the studs and wheel pockets and i'm running 5mm slip ons in the front.

The rear sits pretty flush (edge of tyre lip to fender) with the stretched oem p zeros but im just not happy with the setup, mainly the front so I had a little play.

I took one of the 15mm off from the rear and installed it on the front and it looked way better, but had a little poke and made the car look a bit front heavy with 15mm on the rear tyre edge sitting near flush/slightly within the edge of the fender.

I think 15mm all round could work if I could add some negative camber which you unfortunately cannot with a stock car and I dont particularly want to faff around shaving down the studs again to the front to get 15mm to fit.

So where do I go from here? If I have 15mm on the front should I go 18mm in the rear or 20mm?

Car is lowered on H&R suspension, roughly 30mm+ drop all round.

First image with the car on the ramp is with 15mm rear and 5mm front

Second image off ramp is 15mm rear and 15mm front.

Not the best angles unfortunately as I didnt take the pictures with posting them in mind!

Out of those choices I’d say 15 front 20 rear. I use 10mm wider in rear so my thought process would be 15 front 25 rear. Rear has more clearance.

The wait is over guys!!!
10mm, 14mm , 17mm, 20mm TRAK+ Spacers by H&R are all in-stock and ready to ship!

DSC00564_1024x1024@2x.jpg
DSC00589_1024x1024@2x.jpg

If you have any fitment questions, feel free to message us or contact directly.

Danny

I can confirm that the Performance rims fit with 20mm up front. However, when I switched to my Enkei TSR-X rims, they would not fit with the spacers, as they do not have enough room on backside for the stock studs to fit into. So, I have a set of 20mm spacers if anyone wants them.

Ok, after 24 pages I’m more confused. Anyone running stock suspension on the model 3 performance? I’m looking for maybe 15mm front and 20mm rear on stock 2021 with uberturbine, is this possible? Anyone have this setup with pictures? Also, best place to get them?

Ok, after 24 pages I’m more confused. Anyone running stock suspension on the model 3 performance? I’m looking for maybe 15mm front and 20mm rear on stock 2021 with uberturbine, is this possible? Anyone have this setup with pictures? Also, best place to get them?
On my '21 M3P 15mm and 18mm spacers will not fit without grinding the studs. 15/20 combo will stick out more than flush at stock height with Ubers. I ended up installing 5mm spacers for now.

Thanks, do you have pictures? Did you need any additional modifications? I though for sure 18mm would be fine, guess not.
The 15mm you'll have the file down the studs a bit to get them to fit, its noting major, theres quite a bit of room on the end before the thread starts. The 18mm im guessing would fit ok.

i've got 15mm/20mm on mine but im lowered with h&r suspension so it doesnt look too bad. I had to file down the studs a bit to get the 15mm on without making contact and to get the wheel perfectly flush. the 20mm went on fine without any need to file/grind.

On stock suspension its going to look weird as hell, there's a video on youtube of a guy installing blox sport spacers to his m3p with ubers 15mm/20mm with stock suspension and it looks awful.

Asuming youre sticking with the uberturbines, youre not going to get a decent fitment on stock suspension with hubcentric spacers unless youre lowered, the only route to go down will be to replace your wheel studs with longer ones and then get the slip on style spacers and have a play with the right length, possibly like a 10mm up front and a 15 or something in the rear.

Hope this helps

Hi, question on this. Have a 2018 M3P with Performance upgrade. From reading the thread, sounds like the 15mm Bloxsport won't work on the front wheels, and that 8mm is the biggest I can go using the stock threads. I can't find an 8mm spacer, but could I stack a 5mm and a 3mm? (not sure if that's safe or recommended) Thanks!

Hi, question on this. Have a 2018 M3P with Performance upgrade. From reading the thread, sounds like the 15mm Bloxsport won't work on the front wheels, and that 8mm is the biggest I can go using the stock threads. I can't find an 8mm spacer, but could I stack a 5mm and a 3mm? (not sure if that's safe or recommended) Thanks!
Are you on stock suspension? I wouldn't stack the spacers. Just live with 5mm imo.

Reactions: AAKEE
'21 M3P, lowered, 255/35R20's. No spacer in the front, 15mm spacer in the rear. (Image below)
I do have 5mm and 20mm spacers as well, but I think they poke out too much. If there was a simple way to do a 10mm spacer, I'd probably do only that on the rear.
1643033991225.png

Stock everything, 5f/15r looks pretty good though.
15f/20r pokes out too far IMO. Images are 15/20 on stock tires, stock suspension:
1643034193812.png

1643034259861.png

Completely stock, the day I picked it up. Just for reference:
1643034100279.png

Reactions: Lindenwood
And do spacers affect 0-60 times ? Thanks
Spacers will affect suspension geometry, affect dynamic toe, steering effort, ride quality, and stability under braking, not to mention accelerated wear on the wheel bearings, control arm bushings, and etc. They can also be used to changing the handling bias of a vehicle through the change of track width and roll center. Wider is not always better. A proper offset wheel for the vehicle is the best but not always the least expensive option.