Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3P has just returned from the service centre, having spent a month there for an obscure seat belt alert to be fixed. While it was there they fixed a new carbon fibre spoiler, as the original was detaching on one side. The new one doesn't look right to me, standing proud of the boot by several mm. I'm sure the original sat flush. I've attached a couple of photos. Does that look right to you?

Attachments

• 20230113_112007.jpg
    20230113_112007.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 20230113_111957.jpg
    20230113_111957.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 64
No, I don't think it is either. I'm debating going back to them and asking for it to be refitted - properly. No, I don't use G4WFT much either these days!
As soon as I took delivery of my car in 2019 I asked the SC to remove the spoiler and leave it off. They serve no purpose and look a bit naff I think. Much better without.
Kept the spoiler in the garage for when selling the car on.

Well I contacted the SC this morning and have booked the car in to get this sorted out. This is how crazy it is though: When I booked it in the first time, because the original spoiler was detaching on one side, I assumed they would remove it (it was perfectly OK) and reattach with double-sided tape. Nope, they ordered a new spoiler, at £600+. Now I've booked it in again and, you guessed it, another new spoiler! It all seems incredibly wasteful, although what's the betting the old spoilers find their way onto eBay?!