Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance: SW upgrade for Acceleration Boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pure guess, but maybe towards the end of the quarter when they’re trying to extract every last nickel for the ER (like last qtr) we’ll hear something.

They’ve incorporated an upgrade section into the app, so it will not be a one time thing.

The purpose of this post is for our community to collectively realize improved performance, for the Model 3 Performance. In summation, the community needs to repeatedly - after full accleration inputs - bug report the following: "Accleration force varies by over 40%. Rated performance not realized."

According to the Tesla service provider that called me today, if we bug report this often, and repeatedly, we may be able to realize a performance boost via update.

I have some draggy GPS accleration data, and I submitted it to Tesla service via the application.

The speed increases, from 0-60 in a near perfect line with a specific slope. The accleration data - however - shows that accleration during the sprint varies from 0.5g to 1.2g, and it has signifigant variations throughout, without being very flat; as one would expect from this type of drivevtrain, under ideal conditions, with "best accleration effort possible."

Service called me. We discussed my power consumption, efficiency and State of Charge. I was provided, via email, a report of two days of driving data.

This is important to note:
It was reported by my Tesla service provider that SOMEHOW (seriously) my Dragy sitting in my glovebox is causing phantom drain. Perhaps localized bluetooth signals awaken the car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211220-132928_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20211220-132928_dragy.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 98
The purpose of this post is for our community to collectively realize improved performance, for the Model 3 Performance. In summation, the community needs to repeatedly - after full accleration inputs - bug report the following: "Accleration force varies by over 40%. Rated performance not realized."

According to the Tesla service provider that called me today, if we bug report this often, and repeatedly, we may be able to realize a performance boost via update.

I have some draggy GPS accleration data, and I submitted it to Tesla service via the application.

The speed increases, from 0-60 in a near perfect line with a specific slope. The accleration data - however - shows that accleration during the sprint varies from 0.5g to 1.2g, and it has signifigant variations throughout, without being very flat; as one would expect from this type of drivevtrain, under ideal conditions, with "best accleration effort possible."

Service called me. We discussed my power consumption, efficiency and State of Charge. I was provided, via email, a report of two days of driving data.

This is important to note:
It was reported by my Tesla service provider that SOMEHOW (seriously) my Dragy sitting in my glovebox is causing phantom drain. Perhaps localized bluetooth signals awaken the car.

Another thing I hate to break to you is, "bug reports in the car go no where". They stay in the cars logs, and are not forwarded to anyone. So, even if people agreed with your premise (which I doubt), what you are proposing would have less than zero impact because it doesnt go anywhere.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Good notes. It did seem fishy. My mount was not 100% secure. Will attempt to collect data with static mount.

As far as "wasting time" (you must be a joy, living life "glass half empty"). The accleration graph data may have good reason to be inaccurate. - However, this car is clearly nerfed. I want "best effort possible" by the drive train, on command.

I would like to think that many Performance model drivers would like to have an option for "best effort available" at any given time.

Corrupted data or not, I guess pooh on me for making a suggestion that might have a chance of delivering us something we want?

I fart in your general direction.

Is this ever going to happen?

I am not going to lie, paying 5k+ extra for a red line under the badge and a performance advantage that is moot above 40mph seems…..suboptimal.

If I bought a BMW M3 and had 335s hanging with me on the highway—and I also didn’t have all the notable suspension, interior, and aesthetic upgrades that come with actual M cars—I’d drive that M3 right through the window of the dealership who sold it to me.

Would be nice even for a performance option, like a real launch control setting or something. I know with standard coil suspension there aren't really any optimizations that can be made outside of core battery+motor software, but one can dream...