Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 poll - have you changed battery

Model 3 - Have you changed your 12v battery?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a Varta to replace the Bosch which did throw compatibility warnings. The Varta has been fine so far.

Based on your previous posts:
  • It would appear the battery has been installed since 19 Mar 2024?
  • You have not been able to change the battery type and it is still configured as an ATLASBX?
  • Your vehicle is a 2019 - late or early?
Was the original battery you replaced an ATLASBX?

I'm really interested in the Varta Blue as I have the 12v battery warning and even though the battery's internal resistance is still very good I think given it is nearly 5 years old it should probably be replaced. Tesla have quoted a £300 delivery charge in addition to the £102.12 for the ATLASBX because I am in the Isle of Man - I am therefore keen to source an alternative!

Based on your previous posts:
  • It would appear the battery has been installed since 19 Mar 2024?
  • You have not been able to change the battery type and it is still configured as an ATLASBX?
  • Your vehicle is a 2019 - late or early?
Was the original battery you replaced an ATLASBX?

I'm really interested in the Varta Blue as I have the 12v battery warning and even though the battery's internal resistance is still very good I think given it is nearly 5 years old it should probably be replaced. Tesla have quoted a £300 delivery charge in addition to the £102.12 for the ATLASBX because I am in the Isle of Man - I am therefore keen to source an alternative!
Even if you did not have a warning, at 5 years old, I would replace as a precaution. You will have to do it at some point so might as well be at the point of your choosing not when stranded somewhere in the middle of the night unable to even get into your car.

Reactions: Js1977
I honestly can't remember... But you're right that i wasn't able to change battery config. We picked our car up sep 30th 2019. Not sure if that makes it late or early
I've ordered a Varta Blue B32 (158/053) from Tanya Batteries for £72.29 including delivery to the Isle of Man. I would strongly have preferred to fit the stock Tesla battery but for a possible saving of £328 I think it's worth the punt.

Thanks for the replies to my questions - much appreciated.

Reactions: kuruma