Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 pothole damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1730.jpeg
I hit a really huge pothole in Amarillo TX 2 weeks ago. It was small before but has gotten pretty big. I don’t have any emergency lights on my dashboard. Is it safe to drive?

I have an appointment but it is a month away. So, not sure if I should drive it this month.

View attachment 1053337I hit a really huge pothole in Amarillo TX 2 weeks ago. It was small before but has gotten pretty big. I don’t have any emergency lights on my dashboard. Is it safe to drive?

I have an appointment but it is a month away. So, not sure if I should drive it this month.
It's not possible to do as good an assessment based on a pic and this description. However, it looks like only plastic damage. I don't see any metal damage or scrapes. Since there are no errors displayed and you did not say it won't steer straight I think you are good to go. Drive it until your appointment.

Avoid water as there's now nothing to keep debris from getting on parts it normally would not.

I've read where some talked about compensation from the city for pothole damage. It can't hurt to file a claim.

Get yourself a metal undertray like the one MountainPass sells, the SmashMe. It's safer than any plastic undertray. Nothing else looks hit except for the anti-roll bar. If you know someone at a tire or suspension shop, maybe you can have them put it up on a lift so you can take a closer look.

View attachment 1053337I hit a really huge pothole in Amarillo TX 2 weeks ago. It was small before but has gotten pretty big. I don’t have any emergency lights on my dashboard. Is it safe to drive?

To get your car serviced quickly at TSC, try leaving it overnight. They prioritize these vehicles and often start working on them first thing in the morning. There's an after-hours dropbox for your convenience, where you can leave notes with your car information.

Whenever I want service done, I'd just schedule an appointment, doesn't matter what day 2-3 weeks out. Then, I would do is drop my car at the TSC and head to the dropbox, write my VIN number, License Plate Number on a piece of paper and place it in an envelope, including my Tesla Key. Next day, they will check it out and will fix it right away without waiting for a month.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC