Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Price Estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I have thrown together a price configurator for the Model 3. It's based on the information we have at the moment plus some guessing.

All options are priced at 75% of the cost for the same options on Model S. That is based on pure guessing and hopefully the prices will be lower.

The cost for AWD and extra battery are based on the current cost on the Model S for these features.

http://notmodel3.online/index_us.html

Hopefully this estimator will be obsolete very soon by the real thing, but in the meantime enjoy this substitute.

I do think the glass roof option will be close to the body colored metal roof price. The 'roof' section on the Model ☰ is quite small, and using the Model S/X as a guide for this option I don't think is accurate. I'd agree the operable sunroof would be about what you've estimated though.

Minimum range should be 215, right?

Yeah, all of the estimated ranges seem to be a bit low, and equate to efficiency of about 3.75 mi / kWh. I think the Model 3's actual EPA efficiency will be a lot closer to 4.0, so if you plug that number into this site's guesttimated battery sizes, you get:
  • 55 kWH = 220 miles
  • 70 kWh = 280 miles
  • 85 kWh = 340 miles
I do tend to agree with this site's estimated prices more than some of the other Model 3 price estimators out there, but that could also be wishful thinking on my part. ;)

Reactions: Falkirk and Matt125
Hi

I have thrown together a price configurator for the Model 3. It's based on the information we have at the moment plus some guessing.

All options are priced at 75% of the cost for the same options on Model S. That is based on pure guessing and hopefully the prices will be lower.

The cost for AWD and extra battery are based on the current cost on the Model S for these features.

http://notmodel3.online/index_us.html

Hopefully this estimator will be obsolete very soon by the real thing, but in the meantime enjoy this substitute.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Nice effort with the estimator! As it usually is with great ideas, there is something much alike it already :) Perhaps you could provide input and feedback to this thread for the Model3Tracker regarding the pricing structure here in Sweden.

Model3Tracker.info

I provided the current pricing for variants and options for the Model S here in Sweden so Paul could integrate it into the estimator on the M3-tracker. Have a look and see if the values are in agreement between your estimator and M3Tracker! But what Tesla is thinking is anyones guess :)

Yeah, all of the estimated ranges seem to be a bit low, and equate to efficiency of about 3.75 mi / kWh. I think the Model 3's actual EPA efficiency will be a lot closer to 4.0, so if you plug that number into this site's guesttimated battery sizes, you get:
  • 55 kWH = 220 miles
  • 70 kWh = 280 miles
  • 85 kWh = 340 miles
I do tend to agree with this site's estimated prices more than some of the other Model 3 price estimators out there, but that could also be wishful thinking on my part. ;)

I think these will be the battery sizes. Would be great if the miles also prove accurate.

Thanks for the MDL3 pricing calc . I hope that went Tesla releases the true prices that it brings it inline with some of the other computers even though they don't have one. I figure if your paying close to 100k , there are several other vehicle as an option.

I remember reading on this forum somewhere that a Tesla exec said that the base model would have a battery "under 50 kWH". Has that changed?

Elon Musk said the base model would have at least 215 miles of range and a 0-60mph acceleration of under 6 seconds.

If that is on an under 50 kWH battery then Tesla must have done amazing things with the drive unit and the batteries to squeeze that much range and power out of them.

I'd prefer to take what Elon said at face value and assume it is over 50 kWH.

Thanks for the MDL3 pricing calc . I hope that went Tesla releases the true prices that it brings it inline with some of the other computers even though they don't have one. I figure if your paying close to 100k , there are several other vehicle as an option.

agree on the 100k where there would be better options.
my belief is the loaded up car with tax credit will be under 80k.

I remember reading on this forum somewhere that a Tesla exec said that the base model would have a battery "under 50 kWH". Has that changed?

If that is on an under 50 kWH battery then Tesla must have done amazing things with the drive unit and the batteries to squeeze that much range and power out of them.

I'd prefer to take what Elon said at face value and assume it is over 50 kWH.

I believe the quote was from Jeff Evanson, Tesla’s Vice-President of Investor Relations, and the "under" number was 60 kWh:

Tesla confirms base Model 3 will have less than 60 kWh battery pack option, cost is below $190/kWh and falling

(Though I think an under-60-kWh variant is likely, I wouldn't be shocked if they bump the base model up to 60 kWh with a range of 240 miles so that it's on par with the Bolt.)

Reactions: Model 3
I believe the quote was from Jeff Evanson, Tesla’s Vice-President of Investor Relations, and the "under" number was 60 kWh:

Tesla confirms base Model 3 will have less than 60 kWh battery pack option, cost is below $190/kWh and falling

(Though I think an under-60-kWh variant is likely, I wouldn't be shocked if they bump the base model up to 60 kWh with a range of 240 miles so that it's on par with the Bolt.)
"cost is below $190/kWh and falling" My favorite part!