Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 price including taxes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I acknowledge this might seem like a very stupid question but I have never bought a car before (I've always leased) so bear with me. When I lease cars, there's always an option to include taxes in the final price so what I see is exactly what I pay. With Tesla, they don't give me the option to include taxes.

When I build out the Model 3 online, the SR+ price comes out to $55,990 after the recent price increase. It clearly states that taxes are not included.

Is it safe to say that my final price will simply be $55,990 x 1.13 = $63,268.70? Am I missing any other costs?

Hey everyone, I acknowledge this might seem like a very stupid question but I have never bought a car before (I've always leased) so bear with me. When I lease cars, there's always an option to include taxes in the final price so what I see is exactly what I pay. With Tesla, they don't give me the option to include taxes.

When I build out the Model 3 online, the SR+ price comes out to $55,990 after the recent price increase. It clearly states that taxes are not included.

Is it safe to say that my final price will simply be $55,990 x 1.13 = $63,268.70? Am I missing any other costs?

One caveat: if you are trading a car in, the value of the car gets deducted from the taxable amount. ie, a 30k car would reduce the taxable amount from 56.5k to 26.5k.....probably not applicable in your case since you said you always lease, but good to know for the future maybe?

Reactions: moltenfire
Can they take the EV incentive the next day if the Cons are majority? It doesnt take a while until they actually take over and hold office?

Ford changed it a week or two after the election if I recall....unless you are considering not ordering at all why not just make the order now to ensure you get in before it might change? Or watch the results closely and pull the trigger before midnight tomorrow. :)

the car is already ordered but iirc the incentives are taken off when the car is delivered not when the order is placed.

Also, didn't the gov't get sued for that and had to give some people incentives? I am fuzzy on the details.
Yes, it was an ordeal and basically everyone who ordered rwd before cancellation and took delivery got the incentive. People like me with AWD were out of luck though because AWD wasn't added to the list in time :(

If you already ordered you should be good. I think....Tesla would have a lot of people cancelling if they took away the incentive for ordered cars. They would definitely sue (and probably win) in that case. That would go for non Tesla's as well...those do exist also ;)

Yes, it was an ordeal and basically everyone who ordered rwd before cancellation and took delivery got the incentive. People like me with AWD were out of luck though because AWD wasn't added to the list in time :(

If you already ordered you should be good. I think....Tesla would have a lot of people cancelling if they took away the incentive for ordered cars. They would definitely sue (and probably win) in that case. That would go for non Tesla's as well...those do exist also ;)
ya hopefully cancelling EV incentives arent high on the priority list if the cons end up being the majority .