Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 red vs white, if red is free

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm so split on picking the color of the model 3. I'm stuck in between two colors. RED vs WHITE.
They both looks good to me. RED cost $2000 more, but it's free upgrade now.

I want to get an idea from the forum how people will pick if RED is free.

Similar boat here, but it was easy for me to keep white. I was about to buy the car several months ago when white was $2000 and black was "free". Now white is the "free" color so I basically am getting my free $2000 color upgrade. No sense in changing to a different color now just because Tesla decided the other ones are the ones you have to pay for this month.

Reactions: shao_sheen
Ditto.

I’ve thought a lot about this as well and keep coming to the conclusion that the default interior and exterior colors are actually the ones I like the most. Same with wheels. Oh well.

Does interior color make a difference?

My Preference:
W/B
W/W
R/W
R/B

Same, I actually don't want the wheels, white interior, or another color. I'd actually rather wait versus getting any of the current "free" stuff.

If you don’t want a white interior or 19” wheels then choosing red is the only free perk you can take advantage of.

If it were me I’d go with the white exterior and white interior. It’s a very elegant look. Or I’d go with the 19” wheels. Red is a little too noticeable to me. I’d rather be under the radar when I’m driving.

I had the same dilemma when ordering because of the free upgrades. Red is my favorite color and I'e always dreamed of having a red car but I had never even CONSIDERED it on a Tesla because of how much it costs over base paint.

I was 100% set on white / white and then had to decide if I wanted to last second switch to red...luckily they had a red/white in the showroom and I actually....didn't love it. I think red is such a dashing color on traditional looking cars because it makes them stand out and look sharp/intense. The M3 shape is already so flashy and extraterrestrial almost that it needs no color to stand out. Combining a striking color with such an interesting shape was...almost too much for me. I decided to stay with white/white, but I'll always wonder what if I had gone with red :p

I had the same dilemma when ordering because of the free upgrades. Red is my favorite color and I'e always dreamed of having a red car but I had never even CONSIDERED it on a Tesla because of how much it costs over base paint.

I was 100% set on white / white and then had to decide if I wanted to last second switch to red...luckily they had a red/white in the showroom and I actually....didn't love it. I think red is such a dashing color on traditional looking cars because it makes them stand out and look sharp/intense. The M3 shape is already so flashy and extraterrestrial almost that it needs no color to stand out. Combining a striking color with such an interesting shape was...almost too much for me. I decided to stay with white/white, but I'll always wonder what if I had gone with red :p

That's exactly what's driven me to White exterior. I really like the lines/contours and ANY color seems to begin masking those (other than perhaps silver, but that's not an option).

Reactions: Shadnic