Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Reveal Event Coverage (3/31/16) 8:30PM PST - Discussion/Pictures/Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if one of the upgrade options (or if one of the changes across the board) will be controls on the steering wheel. I couldn't help but notice that there were no controls at all on the steering wheels of the cars shown during the event, and in the ride video I watched.

I'm hoping for a more advanced steering wheel, similar to the one in the S, at least as an option.

• Informative
Reactions: Subhuman
Omg this is ugly :
img_6995-png.169932

Cannot stop remind me this :

2003-ford-econoline-wagon-e-350-super-xl-steering-wheel_100281440_m.jpg
That is exactly my same thought the second I saw it!!!! To me the outside is sexy and sporty and the inside is utilitarian. Two different design languages going on here. It just doesn't go together.

Thanks for posting the videos. A lot of questions are being answered. Most of my "must-haves" are either standard or options. There are a few of "must-haves" that I'd didn't see answered yet.

1. On-board charger amp and will dual chargers be an option?
  2. How roomy is the front -- same as Model S/X head, shoulders, leg, hip? I'm hoping the approximate dimensions will be published soon.
I doubt they'll tell us specifics about new AP hardware until they upgrade the S/X so I won't add that one.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Thanks for posting the videos. A lot of questions are being answered. Most of my "must-haves" are either standard or options. There are a few of "must-haves" that I'd didn't see answered yet.

1. On-board charger amp and will dual chargers be an option?
  2. How roomy is the front -- same as Model S/X head, shoulders, leg, hip? I'm hoping the approximate dimensions will be published soon.
I doubt they'll tell us specifics about new AP hardware until they upgrade the S/X so I won't add that one.

1) The Model X has an optional larger single charger, I suspect this will apply to the Model 3 as well.

It's possible the larger optional charger in the Model X could be standard equipment by then. No real need to have two options if you can reduce the cost of the second option by mass production.

I'm a little confused about the presence or absence of a rear hatch - versus - trunk.

Because....

1. There have been comments along the lines of "...so glad it's not a hatchback..."
2. Mr Musks's introduction specified "font and rear trunk"

and

3. He also asserted one could fit a 7'-long surfboard.

To me, those statements are mutually incompatible. Any help, here?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
More important to me for the long-term success of the Model 3:

Can those at the reveal suggest how narrow the vehicle is? For NoAm roads - even most urban ones - this is NOT a concern but it most definitely is for Europe, Japan, Hong Kong, India, most Latin American cities and I'll assume for a lot of places I don't know personally, like China.