Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Right Hand Drive and UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone
I am sorry to ask what is probably an impossible question to answer....but here goes!!!
Is there any way of knowing when Tesla 3 models will start to arrive in the UK, how long the waiting list is above me and if I will still be waiting 18-24 months from now?
I put a £1000 deposit down in Feb 2018- so I am not holding my breath.

Thanks
Leo UK

I am a first day reservation holder (non owner) in the UK. My ETA says "Early 2019".

Me too. At this stage, I have no expectation of getting my car in Early 2019. I think it’s 50/50 whether it’ll be in 2019 at all.

2018 is about North America. 2019 is about LHD cars to the rest of the world. RHD cars after that (whenever that ends up being).

All this means a long wait for us in the UK - but on the plus side we’ll get a much better and more refined car.

Hi Everyone
I am sorry to ask what is probably an impossible question to answer....but here goes!!!
Is there any way of knowing when Tesla 3 models will start to arrive in the UK, how long the waiting list is above me and if I will still be waiting 18-24 months from now?
I put a £1000 deposit down in Feb 2018- so I am not holding my breath.

Thanks
Leo UK
This spreadsheet comes in handy for delivery estimating - Model 3 Delivery Estimator
Discussion about the spreadsheet here - Model 3 Delivery Estimator ♞
1st day reservationists are August 2019, mine is saying September, and for you it looks to be October

Last edited:
Me too. At this stage, I have no expectation of getting my car in Early 2019. I think it’s 50/50 whether it’ll be in 2019 at all.

2018 is about North America. 2019 is about LHD cars to the rest of the world. RHD cars after that (whenever that ends up being).

All this means a long wait for us in the UK - but on the plus side we’ll get a much better and more refined car.
Thats a really good point, with each year Tesla will as you say add in refinements..

This spreadsheet comes in handy for delivery estimating - Model 3 Delivery Estimator
Discussion about the spreadsheet here - Model 3 Delivery Estimator ♞
1st day reservationists are August 2019, mine is saying September, and for you it looks to be October
Thats really helpful thank you CizUK Gosh thats a long way off for sure- if it extends beyond that many will be tempted to look at the array of other EV's or look at a pre-owned S !! I guess like everyone else on the waiting list I will watch and see how the production ramps up..

Thats really helpful thank you CizUK Gosh thats a long way off for sure- if it extends beyond that many will be tempted to look at the array of other EV's or look at a pre-owned S !! I guess like everyone else on the waiting list I will watch and see how the production ramps up..
Yes, although many others are planned for 2020, especially in the model 3 price bracket

The word 'early' has dropped from my delivery estimator. It just says 2019 now

I visited the Martin Place Tesla store in Sydney this week and they now expect us to be among the last RHD countries to see deliveries, similar to the model x rollout.

The op may see his before mine arrives after all.

I remember I visited Tesla store in London not long after reserving my Model 3 in 2016 and they told me I shouldn't expect it in the UK until at least 2019. That was back when Model 3 downselling was in full swing and they tried to convert me to Model S hard. I thought "yea, whatever, you didn't seem to get the memo about the production speed up from Elon". I guess they were right :)