Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 roof rack parts/components

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been successful in purchasing parts/components of the OEM Model 3 roof rack from Tesla and/or Yakima? I pulled into the garage with the bike still on the roof and besides damage to the car (already fixed, thankfully), the only damage to the roof rack was bending two screws and breaking two locating features on the front passenger tower (see pic). Unfortunately Tesla is telling me to talk to Yakima and Yakima is telling me to talk to Tesla about replacing just this part, and neither of them seem willing to help, so I was wondering if anyone has had any luck?

This page says to email [email protected] or reach out to your local service center. Email was never responded to and my local service center's parts manager (I think that was his title...) told me he couldn't order me anything other than the whole roof rack assembly/kit.

Any help would be greatly appreciate, as I don't want to have to spend $450 if I can avoid it!
62485236518__76E9F4C7-F162-452F-AF6F-ECA198607390.jpg

Any luck with getting parts? I'm trying to get new PPF strips and a plastic cover and Tesla is saying I have to buy a whole new roof rack. It's insane! Online Orders says go to my Service Center, and my SC says I can't buy these parts. I even tried Yakima (the manufacturer) and they don't have the parts either. It seems like the only option seems to be ebay and that's just crazy to me.

I've seen somewhere on the forum a while ago that someone was able to get this stuff before. Anyone have any insight or advice?

I also emailed Tesla about buying replacement PPF strips and they said it was not available to purchase but they hoped to have them available in the future.
I saved the original one and duplicated on a 3M film.

Note: The distance 35 mm and 70 mm are the distance between the axis and the index. (see included user guide page 3)

Original:
tesla-model-3-roof-rack-anti-abresion-tape-template-jpg.431548

Duplicated I used:
tesla-model-3-roof-rack-anti-abresion-tape-measurement-jpg.431547

Note: Double check the location where you insert the braces below the roof glass.

- The front brace should be almost above the edge of front of the glass.
- The rear brace should be like one inch before the edge of the glass.

20200310_212307-jpg.520502

Last edited:
FYI, here are the Part Numbers for the TM3 Roof rack cover plates (i recently lost one and logged a ticket with support):
  • M3, ROOF RACK, FRONT LH, COVER
    1145397-00-A
  • M3, ROOF RACK, FRONT RH, COVER
    1145398-00-A
  • M3, ROOF RACK, REAR LH COVER
    1145399-00-A
  • M3 ROOF RACK, REAR RH COVER
    1145400-00-A
Also note, i did order a set from aliexpress (~$19 CDN), received it quickly but found they didn't attach very well at all. A light brush of the shoulder will knock it off. Hence going with OEM.

• Love
Reactions: Drax
FYI, here are the Part Numbers for the TM3 Roof rack cover plates (i recently lost one and logged a ticket with support):
  • M3, ROOF RACK, FRONT LH, COVER
    1145397-00-A
  • M3, ROOF RACK, FRONT RH, COVER
    1145398-00-A
  • M3, ROOF RACK, REAR LH COVER
    1145399-00-A
  • M3 ROOF RACK, REAR RH COVER
    1145400-00-A
Also note, i did order a set from aliexpress (~$19 CDN), received it quickly but found they didn't attach very well at all. A light brush of the shoulder will knock it off. Hence going with OEM.
Anyone have parts for the model Y roof rack? I'm looking for the drivers rear cover.