Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Roof shield for Tropical Areas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried a forum search, but it's turning up US options. What roofshields are people using in the M3? Living on the Sunshine Coast, it can get quite intense in the sun, so while waiting for the car to turn up, I'm hunting around for the best option. Something easy to install/remove with good heat reduction. Is the Tesla shield good enough?

Thanks for that - they're out of stock, but I've got time, so signed up to be notified.

I probably should have asked about the windscreen as well... I've been using a folded up style (straight panels, unfold) in my current car, so need to find something for that as well.

I am using this for the glass roof and it also blends in with the interior of the car which I really like

For the Windscreen I bought one of these, look like they are out of stock now

Reactions: Loxmyf and lazjen
I too went for the AliExpress version that had the add on heat shield if you want it.
It’s good, but next time I would go for the roof coloured option to help it blend in.

There are plenty of these on Amazon at reasonable prices.

I shelled out for the Tesla roof blocker - they had them in stock. It took quite a time on my own to fit - like trying to handle four eels at the same time - but once it was "in" it went taut over an hour and looks great.
I'm not sure how much heat it blocks - not a problem so far this year! - but it does feel quite comfy.

You won't need one in my experience.
I concur with Lerxt, Picked up in Perth last week 27, 38 ,35 Drove long drive middle of the day full sun it is darker than the one I test drove on a 44 degree day and only felt heat if I put my hand up to the roof. I am tall and did not notice heat on my head.
Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 9.49.06 pm.png

Reactions: lazjen