Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Algeron with all due respect your posts have been awful so far… please stop.
Good you will get it Q3!
I will try to keep this less awful for the sensitive fellow. Is their anyone who has ordered back in January like mine as a March order should arrive after and its even worse when our estimate was original at 16 weeks. Still convinced Tesla are deliberately not making the RWD cars.

I will try to keep this less awful for the sensitive fellow. Is their anyone who has ordered back in January like mine as a March order should arrive after and its even worse when our estimate was original at 16 weeks. Still convinced Tesla are deliberately not making the RWD cars.
Yes I ordered back in January, mainly because the X4 had a September delivery date! The world has gone to pot since January

Model Y vins being allocated now. Genuinely forget about RWD into the UK this quarter. M3 lines down until the end of the 1st week in August. 9 days before uk shipping deadline will remain to build a load of RWD for some of us (which I doubt).
Even worse for orders at the beginning of the year when delivery estimate were 12 weeks to 14 weeks and we didn't sign up to the longer wait times and still not at the top of the queue. Anyway at least we will have the best Tesla in my opinion.

Leasing a car is cheaper and gives a guaranteed saving towards next car or the mentioned second hand value.
I somehow cannot see how you think leasing is a cheaper option. A leasing company is there to make money and profit. Th leasing companies will be making some good wedge on all the Tesla’s which were leased by them 3 years ago and now being returned and sold on for very good money. I am sure this will be continue for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I have had 2 Model 3’s since December 2019, prior to collecting my current Y in June. Over the time I had the 2 model 3’s I made just over £4k in profit between purchase price to sale price. (I only changed from the first one to the second one to get a MIC car and change of colour and wheels) This is after taking out the maintenance cost over that 30-month period, which was a grand total of 1 tyre! I was fortunate to have ordered before the major price increases, including what I paid for my current Y.

I appreciate lease works for some people (business, salary sacrifice - pre tax deduction etc). Luckily, I had money in place, but I see it this way; I could have spent the money on a lease and paid out X amount on a monthly payment which I would not have ever seen again. Yes, I have used a chunk of cash which was earning nothing in the bank, but I am saving X amount a month not paying for a lease or PCP, and so far, have lost nothing in depreciation on the 3 Tesla’s I have owned. Presently I am keeping hold of the Y and not going on the ‘flip for profit band waggon’ as some people are doing as there is nothing else in the Tesla range that I would want to change it for.

As someone else mentioned, each to their own.

I somehow cannot see how you think leasing is a cheaper option. A leasing company is there to make money and profit. Th leasing companies will be making some good wedge on all the Tesla’s which were leased by them 3 years ago and now being returned and sold on for very good money. I am sure this will be continue for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I have had 2 Model 3’s since December 2019, prior to collecting my current Y in June. Over the time I had the 2 model 3’s I made just over £4k in profit between purchase price to sale price. (I only changed from the first one to the second one to get a MIC car and change of colour and wheels) This is after taking out the maintenance cost over that 30-month period, which was a grand total of 1 tyre! I was fortunate to have ordered before the major price increases, including what I paid for my current Y.

I appreciate lease works for some people (business, salary sacrifice - pre tax deduction etc). Luckily, I had money in place, but I see it this way; I could have spent the money on a lease and paid out X amount on a monthly payment which I would not have ever seen again. Yes, I have used a chunk of cash which was earning nothing in the bank, but I am saving X amount a month not paying for a lease or PCP, and so far, have lost nothing in depreciation on the 3 Tesla’s I have owned. Presently I am keeping hold of the Y and not going on the ‘flip for profit band waggon’ as some people are doing as there is nothing else in the Tesla range that I would want to change it for.

As someone else mentioned, each to their own.
I just think of a leasing as having the profit with the lower monthly before it comes out of you bank account. A more guaranteed resale profit so to speak.

Last edited:
Still convinced Tesla are deliberately not making the RWD cars.
In the same way they aren’t making many white LRs with 18” aero wheels. Lead time on certain configurations aren’t great. When you are constrained it makes sense to prioritise products that make you more revenue and profit but you would expect them to try and hit previous delivery timescales.

Had a chat with Tesla today who couldn't give me an EDD as this is a lease order via Tuskers. I called Tuskers who have now said the EDD has been moved back to March 2023.
So the EDD has moved has moved in this order since I got the RN.
Nov 2022
Early 2023
Early December 2022
March 2023

This morning my EDD changed for the first time in a long time, the WRONG way 😒 it went from ’Nov 14 to Dec 29‘ to ‘Jan 9 to Feb 23’ 😢😢 . I think many others had the Nov to Dec dates. Has anyone else got this latest bad news or are they just picking on me ? M3 RWD BWAeros OD Apr 11.

This morning my EDD changed for the first time in a long time, the WRONG way 😒 it went from ’Nov 14 to Dec 29‘ to ‘Jan 9 to Feb 23’ 😢😢 . I think many others had the Nov to Dec dates. Has anyone else got this latest bad news or are they just picking on me ? M3 RWD BWAeros OD Apr 11.
Just checked mine, still sat on Nov 14 to Dec 29. Its bizzare that it hasn't change in weeks now, it used to change about every week

Reactions: Lewis Smith