Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla won’t build them if they don’t have a ship. They need to (want to) sell everything they make in the same quarter to satisfy Wall Street, so they would have switched production to a different market.
My EDD only changed to September 9 days ago. I'm not sure what's changed between then and now to push all our EDDs back. All I can imagine is that there has been some poor logistical planning and they've decided to send more ships to Europe at the cost of the UK...again.
I wonder what excuses we'll hear in Q4 when they get delayed again 😂

Delivery was for 22nd-30th of September like others, Tesla even asked for an update on current car. Now pushed back to November to February.
Even spoke to them today to confirm it all.

I very nearly decided to sell my current car early as prices are high, but rather glad I didn't now. At least I spent a few hours cleaning it!

Whats the likelihood of people waiting over a year? My order went in from Lex to Tesla on 23/01/22. EDD is November but I was just wondering, is everybody confident we will get Q4 deliveries or do we think we could easily be waiting into Q1 and over a year since ordering?
Given how poor the deliveries have been to the UK especially RWD I wouldnt be surprised if there are more delays.

Reactions: dajw2793
Probably to entice you in to buy, then they’ll put it back 6 months (after bringing it forward to butter you up at first)

Or is that me being cynical 🤷‍♂️
It is hard to see it any other way … unless most of those that have been waiting best part of a year by the end of Q4 have cars by then. And for those ordering a RWD today with any upgrade, the delivery is of course Q1 in 2023. I suppose an alternative view might be we can be pretty well-assured of a car in Q4 🤪

Last edited:
Quite possibly.. Tesla focus seems to be more focused (rather I say margins) on Y than 3. I wouldn't be surprised to see M3 RWD price bump to make it same as MY RWD similar to LR models.
Or was that the thinking in the previous price bump? The price differential as it is now would seem about right. Had we not bought the M3RWD when we did, at a significantly lower price than what is now, I would be plumping for the MY. It is an attractive spec, LFP battery and white with white interior, premium rather than half premium, it is going to appeal to many, myself included … maybe less so to lease customers and salary sacrifice etc where the monthly payment differences between it and an AWD variant is not drastic.

Last edited:
Or was that the thinking in the previous price bump? The price differential as it is now would seem about right. Had we not bought the M3RWD when we did, at a significantly lower price than what is now, I would be plumping for the MY. It is an attractive spec, LFP battery and white with white interior, premium rather than half premium, it is going to appeal to many, myself included … maybe less so to lease customers and salary sacrifice etc where the monthly payment differences between it and an AWD variant is not drastic.
I thought of switching to a Zen Model Y stock car but then my wife said would be crazy to spend nearly £200 extra a month when cost of living is hitting the roof.

Looks like the new Model Y RWD that popped up on the Tesla site being a few thousand less than the M3 LR or a similar amount more than the M3 RWD is causing the Telsa phone lines to go crazy and is likley to delay the Model 3's manufacture and cause more delays.

Looks like the new Model Y RWD that popped up on the Tesla site being a few thousand less than the M3 LR or a similar amount more than the M3 RWD is causing the Telsa phone lines to go crazy and is likley to delay the Model 3's manufacture and cause more delays.
From an LFP point maybe, but the Model Y is bit in Germany I presume and will be easier to supply during quarters rather than in the last 10 days of a quarter. It will be a winner for sure at that price.

Lease company still saying December as they hinted they have no idea when Model 3's they ordered for customers will arrive in the UK and said have no M3's coming through at the moment so expect they told me December to allow for my expectation with Tesla saying some time in Q4.

What I find surprising is that the delivery date for a basic M3RWD if ordered today, and yesterday and many months previous to now remains static at Q2 in 2023. How does that work?
Because Tesla know when they will be making them??? The last round of price rises were to slow demand, which seems to worked given the lead time hasn't continued to extend.

CATL will probably be supplying a new battery next year, BYD is said to start supplying Tesla with LFP batteries soon - so there will be extra batteries, plus the production line can now kick out 7000+ M3 vehicles a week.

Reactions: LoneRanger