Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our supplier is EDF energy - the issue I’ve got is this is the worst time to try and switch energy providers. The deals being offered are only available to those who are current customers.

Our mistake was not switching energy providers earlier, however the prices are likely going to rise to silly rates (seen some predictions of up to 75p kw by March next year).
The problem with switching earlier was their were no better deals and now the electricity companies are only providing new EV Tariffs for their own customers. Everyone was advised to stay on the variable tariff as moving would have cost more at that time.

I’ve got a “order agreement” which says this

2. Final Invoice: The Final Invoice will be provided to you as your delivery date nears. It will include final pricing based on your final Vehicle Configuration on and will include taxes and official or governmental fees.

I ordered through PCP if it makes any difference

Reactions: dajw2793
😩😩
I went for a Tesla loan and they issued right away an invoice for the whole amount right after the deposit invoice of £200 🤦🏻‍♂️
Guess I’m not gonna benefit of the VAT claim
That’s probably an order agreement. They can’t send an invoice until they’ve sold the goods …. and they can’t sell goods they haven’t made yet.

That’s probably an order agreement. They can’t send an invoice until they’ve sold the goods …. and they can’t sell goods they haven’t made yet.
Oh that’s good then!

But I’m seriously thinking about keeping the order or not considering the rising energy prices.. I’m happy to end up with a much more expensive car and a much more expensive insurance, but also getting screwed on the charging prices would be annoying 😂

Oh that’s good then!

But I’m seriously thinking about keeping the order or not considering the rising energy prices.. I’m happy to end up with a much more expensive car and a much more expensive insurance, but also getting screwed on the charging prices would be annoying 😂
If you're locked in at the lower price might be worth keeping the order and just selling it straight away?

Oh that’s good then!

Get yourself on an EV tariff, stat. Locking in Octopus Go (or similar) for the next 12 months asap should be your priority to protect against that as much as possible.

Reactions: Bodders1612
Expect most are waiting for the impact of the energy Cap increases to decide if its worth paying the over the top price for a Tesla and if we should go with a cheaper ICE car for the next year or two as the price of these cars is so high it must be cancelling out the fuel savings. At least we can cancel without taking penalties.