Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will throw this in the hat too. Ev’s are generally much cheaper to run then ice cars from my experience (I’m sure others opinions may differ)
I’ve never had a brand new car before so that may influence it, but it’s nice having that 4 year warranty and 8 years on the most expensive stuff.
On another note living in London, I’d pay extra for the premium of not adding to the pollution on the roads. That’s worth it to myself as a factor I feel strongly about.

Good luck on delivery dates everyone. Hopefully there is a cool new update we get without factoring in!

Hi all,
My Tusker estimated delivery has now moved from early Oct to early Dec. Order was placed on March 7th. I'm assuming there are a bunch of us in here with similar order dates and estimated delivery (both direct and salary sacrifice RWDs)?

Hi all,
My Tusker estimated delivery has now moved from early Oct to early Dec. Order was placed on March 7th. I'm assuming there are a bunch of us in here with similar order dates and estimated delivery (both direct and salary sacrifice RWDs)?
Been told December most likely for an early Jan order and Tesla simply say Q4 so expect my lease company is covering their prep and delivery time.

I will throw this in the hat too. Ev’s are generally much cheaper to run then ice cars from my experience (I’m sure others opinions may differ)
I’ve never had a brand new car before so that may influence it, but it’s nice having that 4 year warranty and 8 years on the most expensive stuff.
On another note living in London, I’d pay extra for the premium of not adding to the pollution on the roads. That’s worth it to myself as a factor I feel strongly about.

Good luck on delivery dates everyone. Hopefully there is a cool new update we get without factoring in!
Not anymore and we are paying over the odds for the car in the first place. Insurance has gone up. It does seem the longer we wait for delivery the more the car cost to run. Typical. :rolleyes:

A note for the costs involved in running/purchasing the car - we've all made the decision that we have based on our own finances or environmental concerns. Cost of a fully charged EV is still considerably cheaper than an ICE vehicle and will be for sometime to come unless you solely use superchargers or expensive 3rd party chargers. This conversation has rumbled on for a very long time, I think we need to go back to moaning about the lead times for delivery and once we all have a VIN we can then talk about features and what comes with the car.

A note for the costs involved in running/purchasing the car - we've all made the decision that we have based on our own finances or environmental concerns. Cost of a fully charged EV is still considerably cheaper than an ICE vehicle and will be for sometime to come unless you solely use superchargers or expensive 3rd party chargers. This conversation has rumbled on for a very long time, I think we need to go back to moaning about the lead times for delivery and once we all have a VIN we can then talk about features and what comes with the car.
Yes but we worked out what we could afford months ago before the energy crisis and its good to understand the impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Astrape
Yes but we worked out what we could afford months ago before the energy crisis and its good to understand the impact.
I'm not going into a back and forth on this topic, but when you sign upto a lease like I have you have to take into consideration inflation that can and will always occur over a period time. An upcoming recession and increasing energy prices were on the cards when we put our orders in, so we knew.

Reactions: dajw2793
I'm not going into a back and forth on this topic, but when you sign upto a lease like I have you have to take into consideration inflation that can and will always occur over a period time. An upcoming recession and increasing energy prices were on the cards when we put our orders in, so we knew.
All that has is happening today couldn't have been predicted when we ordered our cars. Enough said.

Last edited:
All that has is happening today couldn't have been predicted when we ordered our cars. Enough said.
This is the final message from me on this topic, energy prices have been increasing since August last year, energy companies were going bust in Q4 last year due to rising costs. Russia had been amassing troops on the Ukrainian border since November, covid was rising again in parts of the world in January........... those are 3 variables that happened before you ordered your car. I've not even mentioned how the energy cap was already announced to be increased in March prior to the orders. I repeat again that we knew what we were letting ourselves in for.

The only thing we did not predict is how model 3 RWD production would effectively cease for us mortals in the UK.

Economist by trade here by the way.

Hopefully we now drop this topic.

On a side note, I read somewhere on one of the forums that we RWD owners can upgrade our sound system to the premium package by making a couple of electrical additions. The additional speakers and subs are already in situ, can anyone corroborate this?

Reactions: LoneRanger
I and many others managed to predict it perfectly successfully and indeed managed to lock in the lowest rate we could for the longest period we could.

If you were relying on low cost peak-rate home charging to remain for the lifetime of your Tesla ownership then, respectfully, I have a range of very nice bridges for sale at - literally - incredible prices.

(Edit: sorry @M3UK I’ll try not to poke the tiger on this topic again)

I and many others managed to predict it perfectly successfully and indeed managed to lock in the lowest rate we could for the longest period we could.

If you were relying on low cost peak-rate home charging to remain for the lifetime of your Tesla ownership then, respectfully, I have a range of very nice bridges for sale at - literally - incredible prices.

Is this the famous Boris bridge over the thames or the other bridge joining Scotland and Ireland that Boris fantasised about?

This is the final message from me on this topic, energy prices have been increasing since August last year, energy companies were going bust in Q4 last year due to rising costs. Russia had been amassing troops on the Ukrainian border since November, covid was rising again in parts of the world in January........... those are 3 variables that happened before you ordered your car. I've not even mentioned how the energy cap was already announced to be increased in March prior to the orders. I repeat again that we knew what we were letting ourselves in for.

The only thing we did not predict is how model 3 RWD production would effectively cease for us mortals in the UK.

Yep, it was all of those indicators that made me plump for a £17k solar and battery installation. Lots of people I told asked what the payback period was, had I done the calculations … I didn’t do any … the writing was definitely on the wall. My response to them was that I couldn’t imagine cheap electricity for all anytime soon. But ‘free’ electricity will always be just that … free. Just need Tesla to deliver the battery.

Reactions: Dommmm and M3UK
On a side note, I read somewhere on one of the forums that we RWD owners can upgrade our sound system to the premium package by making a couple of electrical additions. The additional speakers and subs are already in situ, can anyone corroborate this?
I knew about the wiring loom addition for the speakers either side of the windscreen, but I wasn’t aware of the possibility of enlivening the subs nor that the subs were already in situ. The subs might need an additional amplifier, which I don’t this is in situ 🤔. Wonder if we will get any new hardware on the cars, it has been a while now since there have been new additions.

Reactions: M3UK

No one could predicted the energy crisis. Anyway let’s hope the government has a plan.

• Disagree
Reactions: Astrape and Utumno

First of all it’s very wrong to try to stop a discussion with this being a very important topic with everyone very worried at the moment and I’m really surprised by your posts. Anyway back to more torture. lol.

• Disagree
Reactions: Astrape and Utumno
I knew about the wiring loom addition for the speakers either side of the windscreen, but I wasn’t aware of the possibility of enlivening the subs nor that the subs were already in situ. The subs might need an additional amplifier, which I don’t this is in situ 🤔. Wonder if we will get any new hardware on the cars, it has been a while now since there have been new additions.
I'll try and find the thread on the facebook tesla group, there was a handy link to a video about the wiring loom. You are right about the amplifier - I didn't think about that.

Reactions: LoneRanger