Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been reading about CATL supplying a new battery to Shanghai for the Model 3, it has a higher energy density and is claimed to result in a ten per cent increase in range. Google 'Model 3 M3P battery' (insideevs.com among others). As far as I can tell, they may be supplying these from fourth quarter for delivery next year. Naturally my interest in this (having been sitting on an EDD of January 22 to April 7) was destroyed by yet another change in EDD to December 10 to Feb 3. I don't believe a word of it until I get a VIN. So do I hope for a December delivery of LFP or do I hope for an M3P with bigger range in the new year ? Will I 'win either way' or will I 'lose either way' ?

A December delivery of M3P would do nicely, thank you, Tesla :)

All part of the waiting room roller coaster !

Reactions: LoneRanger
I have been reading about CATL supplying a new battery to Shanghai for the Model 3, it has a higher energy density and is claimed to result in a ten per cent increase in range. Google 'Model 3 M3P battery' (insideevs.com among others). As far as I can tell, they may be supplying these from fourth quarter for delivery next year. Naturally my interest in this (having been sitting on an EDD of January 22 to April 7) was destroyed by yet another change in EDD to December 10 to Feb 3. I don't believe a word of it until I get a VIN. So do I hope for a December delivery of LFP or do I hope for an M3P with bigger range in the new year ? Will I 'win either way' or will I 'lose either way' ?

A December delivery of M3P would do nicely, thank you, Tesla :)

All part of the waiting room roller coaster !
I am in a very similar position to you, except my EDD is still Jan-Apr 2023. I would love to get the 10% range increase, but I guess we will have to wait and see

Reactions: Frankcjd
Paid off the remaining balance for the car as of this morning ... an obvious tip is to send through a tenner or something similar to the Tesla account to make sure your monies are hitting the right account before paying the biggy. I received formal notification of a VIN and registration number yesterday, and changed my insurance details with Direct Line. I received a small refund, my previous car was a Mercedes 250d. I had seen some posts on a sister forum on expensive quotes, but my quote was entirely in line with what I had been quoted when I ordered the car at the start of the year. Related to that is the PPF consideration. I may be alone and stupid on this and may regret it in future, but I am choosing not to go for PPF, ceramic coating or a screen protector. My shopping list is mats everywhere, cup holder, door bin liners and pedal covers from Tessories, and the two console trays from the Tesla shop. I don't know whether or not the cars come with the tyre repair kit in the event of a puncture. I will be taking the wife, and a checklist, to collect the car in two weeks time from the NEC and am now watching Glovis Sunrise progress with eager anticipation. We have certainly had a long time to think about whether or not we are doing the right thing ... act in haste and repent at leisure does not apply in this case. Good luck to everyone still waiting, shouldn't be long now! There may still be some cancellations to come, and a VAT cut 🤞:)
Fingers crossed indeed and enjoy the car.
Just did a rainy trip from Exeter to London in my 21 rwd and made it with percentage to spare! They are awesome cars!

Reactions: LoneRanger
Me waiting for Elon

Attachments

• 49DEF0C7-A9C3-494B-B07A-E9E6252D5038.jpeg
    49DEF0C7-A9C3-494B-B07A-E9E6252D5038.jpeg
    871.8 KB · Views: 67