Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, my actual shopping list, purchased today ahead of the VAT decrease next Friday 'cos I just can't wait any longer:

From Tesla:
1. Interior All-Weather Mats
2. Key fob (yep!)
3. Key fob holder
4. Out of Stock at the moment but will purchase when available - Model 3 Center Console Trays

From Tessories:
1. Rubber Door Pocket Inserts for Model 3
2. 3-piece Trunk Mat Set
3. Rubber Cup Holder Insert

Total Cost: Arm and a Leg...

Thought I would post as it may be of interest in the RWD waiting room. Roll on a week on Thursday.
Please let me know if the mats are worth it? Can’t decide what to go for!

Reactions: LoneRanger
I have been reading about CATL supplying a new battery to Shanghai for the Model 3, it has a higher energy density and is claimed to result in a ten per cent increase in range. Google 'Model 3 M3P battery' (insideevs.com among others). As far as I can tell, they may be supplying these from fourth quarter for delivery next year. Naturally my interest in this (having been sitting on an EDD of January 22 to April 7) was destroyed by yet another change in EDD to December 10 to Feb 3. I don't believe a word of it until I get a VIN. So do I hope for a December delivery of LFP or do I hope for an M3P with bigger range in the new year ? Will I 'win either way' or will I 'lose either way' ?

A December delivery of M3P would do nicely, thank you, Tesla :)

All part of the waiting room roller coaster !
This all feels very much like wishful thinking to me. At least if there’s a new battery pack the VIN will most likely clearly indicate it in position 7 as there’s no current entry for LMFP batteries so it should be obvious once you get your VIN.

I’m not sure whether the extra 25 miles of range or so is worth getting aereated about either 😀

Please let me know if the mats are worth it? Can’t decide what to go for!
Certainly will, I am hoping Tesla interior mats will be a perfect fit, less concerned about the frunk and trunk mats … I hope they are worth it … but so many times I buy cheap, buy twice … including my most recent pair of glasses from Specsavers doh! (but they do let you change them and just pay for the upgrade … if only more purchases were like that)

Certainly will, I am hoping Tesla interior mats will be a perfect fit, less concerned about the frunk and trunk mats … I hope they are worth it
I have the official ones, they fit perfectly. Not sure they are worth the money, as I’m sure there are third party ones are as good if not better for less money but didn’t want the hassle of waiting for something to arrive from China only to find out I had been sent LHD ones by mistake.

this sounds interesting Frank, is that battery purely performance or RWD?
I to was hoping for this but Tesla China dispelled that rumour a while ago

Reactions: Dommmm

thanks for the heads up, I guess there is always going to be a new one at some point and to be fair the cars are already amazing. Very happy to get using the latest LFP RWD :)

Tesla won’t admit even if they are planning to use it. If they can get higher capacity for less money then they almost certainly will. However unless they can get a similar capacity increase on the LR/Performance battery then they are likely to use less cells to increase profitability and maintain the range gap between the grades.

I think the element of wishful thinking is in the timing, not in the production of the new chemistry battery. Inside EVs and Clean Technical are pretty good sources. Of course Tesla may decide to use a smaller pack with the same range but either way there would be range increases. The timing is not so assured and I just mentioned it as a sort of ‘compensation’ for having to wait longer on what has already been a long wait for many of us. I will take the current LFP battery by Christmas if that’s the way it turns out and also would not be too upset about the extra range.
anyway, here is a very reasoned expiation and analysis if you’d like to see what others are thinking about this..

I think the element of wishful thinking is in the timing, not in the production of the new chemistry battery. Inside EVs and Clean Technical are pretty good sources. Of course Tesla may decide to use a smaller pack with the same range but either way there would be range increases. The timing is not so assured and I just mentioned it as a sort of ‘compensation’ for having to wait longer on what has already been a long wait for many of us. I will take the current LFP battery by Christmas if that’s the way it turns out and also would not be too upset about the extra range.
anyway, here is a very reasoned expiation and analysis if you’d like to see what others are thinking about this..

I would be more than happy to take the current LFP battery model. The most I’m driving this car is about 40 miles one way. I have no need for any extra range 🤣

Reactions: dajw2793