Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, my actual shopping list, purchased today ahead of the VAT decrease next Friday 'cos I just can't wait any longer:

From Tesla:
1. Interior All-Weather Mats
2. Key fob (yep!)
3. Key fob holder
4. Out of Stock at the moment but will purchase when available - Model 3 Center Console Trays

From Tessories:
1. Rubber Door Pocket Inserts for Model 3
2. 3-piece Trunk Mat Set
3. Rubber Cup Holder Insert

Total Cost: Arm and a Leg...

Thought I would post as it may be of interest in the RWD waiting room. Roll on a week on Thursday.
I have well and truly pushed the boat out, and ordered 2 black Tesla travel mugs from the Tesla Shop ... so my rubber cup holder insert may no longer be required as I am anticipating a perfect fit (still waiting for the console trays to come back into stock) ... I am sure that a lot of people with deliveries spilling over into Q1 next year are going to be pleasantly surprised in Q4 this year :D

Had a call from Tesla today, to ask if I am willing to travel to pick up the car even if it's in Southampton, I've said yes so they will let me know before Friday if one becomes available.
Also did say that my delivery is scheduled to arrive in December
I put my name down for cancellations too as I'm happy to swap colours etc but I never seem to get any calls from Tesla 😒

Reactions: M3UK
That sounds really positive, I hope they've got a grey one down there that I can take off their hands! 😂
Had a call from Tesla today, to ask if I am willing to travel to pick up the car even if it's in Southampton, I've said yes so they will let me know before Friday if one becomes available.
That sounds promising, fingers crossed for you ... before you know it, you will have one!

Reactions: M3UK
Where in the UK are you based? Struggling to understand why they contacted someone who ordered in March when they havent fulfilled the January orders.

Where in the UK are you based? Struggling to understand why they contacted someone who ordered in March when they havent fulfilled the January orders.

It’s tesla… they literally make it up as they go along

If I knew what I now know, I wouldn’t have ordered one! As someone previously said I’m kinda stuck now… everywhere is minimum of 6-12 month delivery for new cars. Plus with the price rises it would be stupid not to take delivery of a car that is now over 5k more expensive than what I paid for it.

It’s tesla… they literally make it up as they go along

If I knew what I now know, I wouldn’t have ordered one! As someone previously said I’m kinda stuck now… everywhere is minimum of 6-12 month delivery for new cars. Plus with the price rises it would be stupid not to take delivery of a car that is now over 5k more expensive than what I paid for it.
I've looked about and test driven a few cars but there's nothing that has really won me over apart from the teslas. I really like the look of the fisker ocean but not sure I'd want to buy one until I've seen how they fare once producing to scale.

Feeling the same frustration as others. I ordered on 23/1/22 and still have my doubts whether it’ll even be here by the end of the year. Been such a long wait & my Corsa is clinging on. Feels at this point like we won’t ever get them!!!

We ordered on the same day! Feels like an eternity doesn’t it 😂

Yep my car is on verge of falling to bits… fortunately the mrs car is in a somewhat working order to make longer journeys

Reactions: dajw2793
Must admit, I chewed the ear off Tesla (politely, wasn't rude or aggressive) and I did wonder if that's why I was given a car within a couple of weeks of doing that. I also said I would be prepared to take a car that didn't match the spec of the order. Picking my car up tomorrow, just in time for torrential downpours on Friday ...

Last edited: