Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a hidden VIN!! Does this mean I am guaranteed a car within my EDD? Dec 2-17?
No it means you have been soft allocated a car on a boat. This does not always stick, its not confirmed until they text you the VIN.
It also doesnt mean the EDD is guaranteed its an estimate. But they do try to clear everything arrived in the UK by the end of the quarter.
Other Acts of God may occur, but lets ignore that one :eek:

If we are looking at 3 ships, maybe 15000 cars they may have to sit around while the stack clears. I remember hearing 60 cars/day for one of the busy centres. Say they start on the 20th Nov at 500 cars a day then they wouldnt be able to start on the 3rd ship till about 10th December.
I wonder whether the latest EDDs / VINs are from a third boat, either already in transit or loading/about to load.
Mr Miserable named Morning Cello as currently at Shanghai South and scheduled for Southampton.
I'm also not convinced all of RCC Europe has dropped yet.

Judging by the process of VIN allocation on other ships this quarter, those receiving a VIN now will probably have their car on RCC EUROPE. Both Glovis And Europe are due in Europe for a second drop off only two days after drop off in Southampton. So they must be getting cars off the ships quickly. Not seen evidence of VIN allocation before cars have been loaded so doubtful current VIN allocation is for the third ship to Southampton. Wishful thinking but expect EDDs for RCC EUROPE to be brought forward a week to match same the timeline as the Glovis EDDs.

Judging by the process of VIN allocation on other ships this quarter, those receiving a VIN now will probably have their car on RCC EUROPE. Both Glovis And Europe are due in Europe for a second drop off only two days after drop off in Southampton. So they must be getting cars off the ships quickly. Not seen evidence of VIN allocation before cars have been loaded so doubtful current VIN allocation is for the third ship to Southampton. Wishful thinking but expect EDDs for RCC EUROPE to be brought forward a week to match same the timeline as the Glovis EDDs.
What makes you think there are second drop offs. The shipping thread doesnt list those and Mr Miserable is pretty precise.
Its could be easy to confuse the start of the ships next cruise with a second drop.
The ships can load / unload in 1-2 days as you can see in Wu Wa's videos they are pretty organised!

What makes you think there are second drop offs. The shipping thread doesnt list those and Mr Miserable is pretty precise.
Its could be easy to confuse the start of the ships next cruise with a second drop.
The ships can load / unload in 1-2 days as you can see in Wu Wa's videos they are pretty organised!

Just based on this table in the shipping thread but maybe I have read it wrong?

2022-10-27_10-56-10.png

I’ve not had any updates from my chat earlier this week and last.
Same as everyone else waiting another week or so to anticipate if my November EDD is right or whether it slips into December.
Incorrect, I had my VIN for the car on glovis sumit literally days after it departed Shanghai. The boat has not long passed Singapore and still on the way to suez. Maybe you’re referring to them sending out the schedule delivery text when the ship is near suez

When I started looking mid March (and when ordered end of April) there were two distinct estimated delivery windows. If you chose any paid option (non-white paint, 19" wheels, or white interior) the date was brought forward a quarter. Wonder if that's still having an effect?

I think Tesla build in batches of certain colours / specs.

When I first ordered back in January, I could have had my car delivered within 3 months if I had chosen msm/blue/red with aeros or white pain with sport wheels.

It appears they are currently producing a lot of white paint with aero wheels to fill the back log from earlier in the year.

Reactions: adammikejones