Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just chatted with Tesla saying that I've ordered through Octopus and hadn't had any SMS yet. They told me "I can advise our team will be in contact with you very soon by SMS regarding delivery. I would estimate it could be early December.", I asked if that meant I already had a VIN assigned to me and would be just the case of waiting for the SMS, to what they replied "Yes". So hopefully it will be soon now :)

I've just chatted with Tesla saying that I've ordered through Octopus and hadn't had any SMS yet. They told me "I can advise our team will be in contact with you very soon by SMS regarding delivery. I would estimate it could be early December.", I asked if that meant I already had a VIN assigned to me and would be just the case of waiting for the SMS, to what they replied "Yes". So hopefully it will be soon now :)
not even hidden in source code?

did you get to the bottom of whether or not a VIN associated with the purchase of a wall connector was correct?
I couldn't tell you tbh, it may have been a lie but I suppose I'll never know for sure.

After that visit my order status changed with my leasing company to 'Released from factory' so I risked a second trip down to Tesla Chester.

The chap I spoke to both confirmed what I had been previously told, but also that I now have a vin assigned with an estimated date to port of the 16th Nov.

Suffice to say:
Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 14.00.17.png

Had no text or call yet and was feeling a little left out, so I called Tesla myself and they gave me both my VIN and a delivery date of 25th November to my home Chester.

Slightly different information than I was given in store (they said Trafford collection), but the chap on the phone sent my VIN by text so I want to believe him.

What was strange is that the text had nothing but the VIN on it. Not a single other word. The drip-feeding of info is excruciating!

Just hope it's true this time.

Reactions: dajw2793
Had no text or call yet and was feeling a little left out, so I called Tesla myself and they gave me both my VIN and a delivery date of 25th November to my home Chester.

Slightly different information than I was given in store (they said Trafford collection), but the chap on the phone sent my VIN by text so I want to believe him.

What was strange is that the text had nothing but the VIN on it. Not a single other word. The drip-feeding of info is excruciating!

Just hope it's true this time.
When did you order?

So, couple of things happened today 😂

1- if you are changing house before you get your Tesla (just in case) and you agreed for a Tesla finance, DON’T tell them 😂 if you change registration address, it seems that’s like refusing the original deal! So you’ll be then getting the APR that you’d get ordering a Tesla today. Luckily I managed to solve it!

2- In the chat they confirmed I’m getting the Tesla Vision as well based on date of making the car and delivery date (26th of Nov), but never got any notification or whatsoever? Who knows if I can trust them on this.

3- Got my trade-in quote few hours ago. They suddenly dropped it of £1.5k!! Checking motorway now, as it seems some of you guys used it and it was good (I didn’t know it before reading about it on here, so thanks for that 🙏🏻) gonna give them a call tomorrow as they said they can put my current car for bidding and see where the price goes lol but it’s more than the Tesla estimate for now!

Reactions: partywme