Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you expecting delivery soon and wondering about accessories ... Tesla have finally got their centre console trays back in stock, I suspect these sell quickly once deliveries arrive. I have been waiting a while for them to get them back in stock again, I ordered them two days ago and they have arrived this morning. £22.99 incl postage. They are very good quality, solid, weighty, good quality flock that wraps round onto the sliding surfaces. I waited for these rather than ordering the non-Tesla varieties (Amazon etc) as some of the reviews talk about sharp surfaces and them being light-weights. I think the Tesla one's are good value for money and definitely worth considering if you are contemplating purchasing. Hope you get your cars soon.

Thanks just ordered the console trays

As someone who has the car already… anything else you think is a must buy?

Still no car assigned. But did receive a USS notification from tuskers yesterday

This is the tesla chat note;
'A car has not been assigned yet. However the eta is December, so any assignments will be made over the next few weeks.'
That's interesting. I'm also going through Tusker, and did receive a text Monday night about collecting my car on the 25th, but nothing from Tusker about USS. I'd assumed that would come from Tesla themselves nearer the collection date. Maybe I have an older model? 🤷🤔 Or maybe there's no consistency anywhere in this lottery 😉

Reactions: dajw2793
Quick question about floor mats. Being that I ordered back in March but my Vin show 2023 model - will my RWD come with standard floor mats - as I didn't think the RWD did - but if you ordered one today it states they come with standard carpet mats.

I only have a hidden VIN but have received a text saying they are calculating my delivery and to make sure I have completed my profile in the next 7 days. Still waiting for an update on my trade in - but I'm hopeful. I was a little bit put off when my EED moved back 3 weeks after I agreed to the Telsa Vision. Fingers crossed I'm on the home straight.

Quick question about floor mats. Being that I ordered back in March but my Vin show 2023 model - will my RWD come with standard floor mats - as I didn't think the RWD did - but if you ordered one today it states they come with standard carpet mats.

I only have a hidden VIN but have received a text saying they are calculating my delivery and to make sure I have completed my profile in the next 7 days. Still waiting for an update on my trade in - but I'm hopeful. I was a little bit put off when my EED moved back 3 weeks after I agreed to the Telsa Vision. Fingers crossed I'm on the home straight.
I think all Shanghai built cars come with the standard floor mats, emergency kit and mud flaps. Not sure about the cables, that was changed earlier this year.

I think all Shanghai built cars come with the standard floor mats, emergency kit and mud flaps. Not sure about the cables, that was changed earlier this year.
Mud flaps bonus. didn't know about those. After waiting since March I will be happy with the car - but anything extra will great.

yeah the new cars dont say what cables if any they come with.

I'm guessing regardless of order date and what I ordered at the time won't be what I get - due to there bulk manufacturing process. hence why I had to agree for tesla vision even thou the car version I ordered had Ultra Sonics sensors.

Last edited:
Mud flaps bonus. didn't know about those. After waiting since March I will be happy with the car - but anything extra will great.

yeah the new cars dont say what cables if any they come with.

I'm guessing regardless of order date and what I ordered at the time won't be what I get - due to there bulk manufacturing process. hence why I had to agree for tesla vision even thou the car version I ordered had Ultra Sonics sensors.
They removed the cables in the US the UK still get them

Lots of New Model 3 RWD available right now, 10+ cars at this time.
1EE1AD69-0A46-41A2-B431-2FE8571DB4BD.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Danzr
Center Console Organizer by Spigen - £15.99 at Amazon - looks good quality.

3W all weather mats, again from Amazon. Full set of 6 currently now with £50 off voucher so £150 total - YouTube reviews suggest these are good quality. Arrives Saturday will let you guys know.

Does anyone know if I can request my car to be delivered? Collection arranged for 23/11.

Any other worthwhile accessories for M3? I seen the key fob is back and the protector for sides is back on.
Hi @Millenium101, definitely buy the all weather mats, these are so much better than rubber mats of old. The contouring and materials used are so on point, certainly a must have. I had thought that they would detract from the look of the cars interior but they don't (I went for Tesla) ... the key fob is a really interesting one ... I took the plunge and bought one. This is a bit controversial, some will definitely disagree, but I have found the key fob so handy. It has our front door key on for one, so it is a natural thing to pick up on leaving the house. I sometimes do that without my phone (how wild is that!). I also find it handy for unlocking the car so people can climb in before I get to the car (in the rain particularly it is useful to be able to unlock it from afar). I find it useful for unlocking the charge cable from the charge port, a long press at the rear of the fob. I have less anxiety about the charge-state of my phone (no charge means no entry to the car, in which case you will need the card). It is really handy for opening the frunk, which we do tend to use more than I thought we would. So for me, the key fob is a winner. If I lost it, I would buy another ... but two fobs at once would be overkill.

Other accessories I am glad of include the rubber cup holder inserts and the door cubby hole inserts (I went for Tessories). Not only do the rubber cup holders hold third party coffee cups more securely (I did in fact buy the extortionately priced Tesla coffee mugs but I am saving these for our first long motorway journey, to enjoy a coffee whilst watching Bosch on Netflix at a Supercharger), but it means I can drop anything into them without fear of ruining (or dirtying) the unprotected cupholder. The door bin inserts are the same, I throw anything into those without a thought and things don't slide around either when pulling excessive 'g'.

Next, I would say the frunk mat, I like to think it stops things sliding around a bit, as it is ribbed. As it is food shopping that we tend to put in there, it will also catch spills (though nothing has spilt yet). Then the trunk mat, similar reasons to the frunk. I have the sub-trunk mat as well, I just keep the cables in there. I suppose it stops those sliding around and scratching the unprotected floor over time (all Tessories).

If @PedroM3RWD finds the boot hooks useful, I may invest in those. I haven't gone for a screen protector as yet.

I would recommend the PPF, if only for the peace of mind when following traffic at close quarters at speed. Because of the pearlescent finish on the white car, it does change the colour ever so slightly and the sparkle in bright light. My wife can't see the difference, and after a wax polish it is less obvious and I have stopped noticing it now. I am just pleased that I had it done.

A couple of things are apparent after having the car for 5 weeks (!). I drive the car a lot! Any excuse and I/we are out in it. I even encourage my wife to use it. The miles are mounting, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every single one of them and so has she. The car is really, really growing on me. Conversely, I am beginning to loathe and detest driving our diesel-powered Mazda CX5. At first, I just thought the Tesla and Mazda were simply alternative forms of transport, different yes ... but neither not really worse or better than the other. We hardly use the Mazda now, but I did use it this morning and it felt like something from the dark ages, that needed a lot of thinking about and interfering with to drive, noisy obviously, slow steering, no deceleration when taking the foot off the accelerator, fussy switches and levers, ponderous ... just blah! An effort to drive. Conversely, the Tesla is effortless to drive, and you can actually concentrate on things that need concentrating on without distraction. This is a real plus ... it feels so much safer. I do use Autopilot when appropriate, though cannot imagine my wife using it for a while yet.

You are in for a treat. I am excited for you!

Received VIN on Tuesday through Chat so as far as I’m concerned my car is either on Summit or Europe and that being said the car should be in Southampton by 24th latest…. However Tesla are still saying EDD early to mid December for delivery, would you just say that is them being cautious with dates with it being a delivered car? Just not convinced it’s going to take 2-3 weeks to deliver.

Reactions: M3UK
Ben from Octopus just rang, I have a vin! He said to expect a text from tesla in the next couple of weeks to arrange delivery. (black, black, arrow, ordered 20th may 22). He also said delivery normally occurs 3 to 4 weeks after the tesla text and also not to worry if the text seemed like a spam text! I'm pretty relived actually hopefully delivery before Christmas.