Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So of anyone worried that they are getting "only" the RWD and think it'll be slow. Boy it certainly isn't. Actually the 6sec 0-60 in my opinion is deceiving; it gets so much quicker 30-60. Done my first long run today. Bradford to Littlehampton, 25 minute top up at Newport Pagnell supercharger, was busy but got straight on. Arrived with 30%. Even had some fun on the winding South Downs roads. Ended up hovering around 190wh/mile. GOBSMACKED!

Love this car.

Tomorrow will be a more difficult run home as I'll be leaving with only 25%, hopefully I can hit Heathrow T5 charger. Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• PXL_20221201_130502212.jpg
    PXL_20221201_130502212.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20221126_105352565.jpg
    PXL_20221126_105352565.jpg
    856.8 KB · Views: 49
So of anyone worried that they are getting "only" the RWD and think it'll be slow. Boy it certainly isn't. Actually the 6sec 0-60 in my opinion is deceiving; it gets so much quicker 30-60. Done my first long run today. Bradford to Littlehampton, 25 minute top up at Newport Pagnell supercharger, was busy but got straight on. Arrived with 30%. Even had some fun on the winding South Downs roads. Ended up hovering around 190wh/mile. GOBSMACKED!

Love this car.

Tomorrow will be a more difficult run home as I'll be leaving with only 25%, hopefully I can hit Heathrow T5 charger. Fingers crossed!
True, it’s only slower from standstill as it’s single motor. But if you accelerate from 20/30mph, it kicks you in the back very bad! Love it!
And to be fair, when will you actually need to go from 0 to 60 in one go with a maximum acceleration? 😂
99% of the times you need a strong acceleration is always from rolling, never from 0! Saw a video comparing the RWD and the LR, the difference in acceleration from rolling wasn’t that much!

True, it’s only slower from standstill as it’s single motor. But if you accelerate from 20/30mph, it kicks you in the back very bad! Love it!
And to be fair, when will you actually need to go from 0 to 60 in one go with a maximum acceleration? 😂
99% of the times you need a strong acceleration is always from rolling, never from 0! Saw a video comparing the RWD and the LR, the difference in acceleration from rolling wasn’t that much!
Was that the CarWow one?

Hi random question, I got assigned a delivery date of 15th December via text fory model 3 rwd, unfortunately I'm in hospital that week , so I replied on the text asking for a delay, does anyone know the process that follows? I've had no reply in 2 days and it's a lease car so can't see anything in the app....just a bit confused as to what to do!

Many thanks

Hi random question, I got assigned a delivery date of 15th December via text fory model 3 rwd, unfortunately I'm in hospital that week , so I replied on the text asking for a delay, does anyone know the process that follows? I've had no reply in 2 days and it's a lease car so can't see anything in the app....just a bit confused as to what to do!

Many thanks
Give them a call and speak to them
They are usually good if there is a good reason to delay! Best wishes for your treatment

Thanks got direct line via Tesla site, all worked ok was by far cheapest quote for us.
So, to confirm. As I've had this all morning with insurance companies and esp direct line.

The model 3 2022 model 302 is not listed on any insurance website.

But to confirm direct line are using the 2021 model 3 SR plus for the new model and there won't be any come back?

I find it very odd that companies have updated the systems and especially direct line who are the official insurer.

So, to confirm. As I've had this all morning with insurance companies and esp direct line.

The model 3 2022 model 302 is not listed on any insurance website.

But to confirm direct line are using the 2021 model 3 SR plus for the new model and there won't be any come back?

I find it very odd that companies have updated the systems and especially direct line who are the official insurer.
on my direct line policy which starts next Wednesday, the car shown with my Reg says "tesla model 3 2022"

They've confirmed I'm fully covered and are aware of the SR+/RWD issue

Bit of a side topic but what does everyone intend on cleaning/detailing their car with? I'm going all in Gyeon this time having previously used a lot of Bilt Hamber / Meguiars / Autoglym stuff.

I've got the following basket ready as I quite like to handle my own car and I have decided against PPF and instead will a lot less money on scratch/chip insurance when I purchase GAP if I get unlucky with stone chips and scratches.

1669986748563.png

Reactions: Ashdeman
Bit of a side topic but what does everyone intend on cleaning/detailing their car with? I'm going all in Gyeon this time having previously used a lot of Bilt Hamber / Meguiars / Autoglym stuff.

I've got the following basket ready as I quite like to handle my own car and I have decided against PPF and instead will a lot less money on scratch/chip insurance when I purchase GAP if I get unlucky with stone chips and scratches.

View attachment 880518
i've Autoglym Ceramic Spray at the ready. Pick up Wednesday, spray Thursday 👍

Reactions: LoneRanger

Many thanks
I got a text yesterday saying that my delivery for Tuesday would "alternate to a collection appointment" due to the "carrier company confirming that they are at full capacity". I responded that a weekday collection was effectively impossible and to let me know the next available date for delivery. They responded fairly immediately with a new delivery date for a few days later.

Bit of a side topic but what does everyone intend on cleaning/detailing their car with?
Complete amateur (previous car just used to go to manual car wash) & I have bought built hamber auto wash, surfex HD & their snow foam to use with my pre-existing pressure washer.

For anyone else with no clue, worth having a watch of forensic detailing YouTube videos for beginners. Makes it super simple if you want a "how should I actually wash my car" guide 😅