Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bit of a side topic but what does everyone intend on cleaning/detailing their car with? I'm going all in Gyeon this time having previously used a lot of Bilt Hamber / Meguiars / Autoglym stuff.

I've got the following basket ready as I quite like to handle my own car and I have decided against PPF and instead will a lot less money on scratch/chip insurance when I purchase GAP if I get unlucky with stone chips and scratches.

View attachment 880518
You need to look for "the clay cloth company" and try killerwax. Amazing stuff

RWD. 230 miles on a single charge from Hogs Back to home. WOW. Suppose I should leave this chat soon, now I have the car!

PXL_20221202_172508345.jpg

Question for those still waiting or those who have picked up who are buying via Tesla finance PCP.

At what stage did you get a contract or final invoice. I've paid my downpayment but have not received any contract or final invoice. I have my vin, reg and delivery date. 8th December. Tesla keep saying I'll get it a week or 2 before pick up. Starting to get a itchy feet now that the rollocoaster has more in-store for me.

It won’t need a software update, just a config setting pushed out by Tesla.
So to close the topic off, I put the climate on this morning 15mins before I left, got in the car and the steering wheel was nice and hot. Seems the config was done overnight so I now have the heated steering and rear seats. By the time I got to work, I had a message from Tesla checking it was all done which I confirmed and the topic was closed. A nice easy fix. I hope any other issues are so easy in the future!

Reactions: MrT3 and TimboUK
So to close the topic off, I put the climate on this morning 15mins before I left, got in the car and the steering wheel was nice and hot. Seems the config was done overnight so I now have the heated steering and rear seats. By the time I got to work, I had a message from Tesla checking it was all done which I confirmed and the topic was closed. A nice easy fix. I hope any other issues are so easy in the future!
Good news then. Glad you got sorted so quickly

So, to confirm. As I've had this all morning with insurance companies and esp direct line.

The model 3 2022 model 302 is not listed on any insurance website.

But to confirm direct line are using the 2021 model 3 SR plus for the new model and there won't be any come back?

I find it very odd that companies have updated the systems and especially direct line who are the official insurer.
It’s listed on LV. Quote was more than using the SR option 🤷🏼‍♂️

Question for those still waiting or those who have picked up who are buying via Tesla finance PCP.

At what stage did you get a contract or final invoice. I've paid my downpayment but have not received any contract or final invoice. I have my vin, reg and delivery date. 8th December. Tesla keep saying I'll get it a week or 2 before pick up. Starting to get a itchy feet now that the rollocoaster has more in-store for me.
Same pickup date as you... paid deposit yesterday...final invoice can be found on the online account?

When mine arrived I also got an email and text and then another nudge text a few days after.
First request to pay was 26th November for a 9th December collection.
Just spoken to them. Apparently one was sent. I never received this. Apparently it came from a company called code weaver. Again nothing in my emails. I need to sign the digital document before the day apparently. What this and the the fact that Direct Line will not accept that the Tesla M3 2022 is not the same as they have listed I'm started to think come Thursday I will be with no car.

Anyone else having issues with their wipes on auto setting? A few times they’ve started going CRAZY like it’s pouring with rain outside for no reason at all?
Yes.. sometimes giving a wash via wipers seems to help. Sometimes it's just when you start up and the cars figuring it out. Sometimes it's cause a bug is splatted over the camera. Sometimes it's for absolutely no reason at all!!!

Reactions: partywme
Anyone picked up a car from bluewater recently ?

Picked mine up yesterday, Car is covered in scratches from where its been cleaned . Unsure if its more noticible because its midnight silver , But reported it when i was there and also just done it on the service in the app. Im assuming they can cut the whole car and polish ?

Anyone picked up a car from bluewater recently ?

Picked mine up yesterday, Car is covered in scratches from where its been cleaned . Unsure if its more noticible because its midnight silver , But reported it when i was there and also just done it on the service in the app. Im assuming they can cut the whole car and polish ?
Mine was quite badly swirled from NEC, the bonnet in particular looks like it was washed with a brillo pad.

I've got a service appointment on the 13th at the Nottingham dealer so will let you know how I get on. The estimate says paint correction/polish and they're giving me a courtesy car.