Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I collected my car from Brent Cross yesterday morning.

I arrived early (before they were open) so had the opportunity to take a look around. There were hundreds of cars and the cleaning crew were out in full force preparing the cars. I found my car and to my delight it had not been cleaned.

Handover took 5 minutes, driving license check, signed a tablet and was given the key cards. By the time I left the portacabin the car was already in my app.

Quick visual inspection and all looked ok. Car had 44% charge and no sensors (I didn’t have to sign to accept that I would not have them pre collection, but was not too surprised that they were not there). Green delivery slip noted that my car was on RCC Europe. Drove to a quieter car park to take a closer look at the car and all appears fine. Will take a closer look once the car has been cleaned.

I took a detour to Uxbridge to try my first Supercharger, easy to use and quick. I still can’t believe I finally have the car! Not my first EV, but a magical feeling none the less.

Thanks for all of the help and support on this forum and special shout out to @partywme for starting this thread

I collected my car from Brent Cross yesterday morning.

I arrived early (before they were open) so had the opportunity to take a look around. There were hundreds of cars and the cleaning crew were out in full force preparing the cars. I found my car and to my delight it had not been cleaned.

Handover took 5 minutes, driving license check, signed a tablet and was given the key cards. By the time I left the portacabin the car was already in my app.

Quick visual inspection and all looked ok. Car had 44% charge and no sensors (I didn’t have to sign to accept that I would not have them pre collection, but was not too surprised that they were not there). Green delivery slip noted that my car was on RCC Europe. Drove to a quieter car park to take a closer look at the car and all appears fine. Will take a closer look once the car has been cleaned.

I took a detour to Uxbridge to try my first Supercharger, easy to use and quick. I still can’t believe I finally have the car! Not my first EV, but a magical feeling none the less.

Thanks for all of the help and support on this forum and special shout out to @partywme for starting this thread
what was the supercharger bill?
presume 40% up to 80% = £...........

Anybody had any road trip so far with the RWD or with a previous Tesla? Planning to drive to Austria for skiing in February and wanted to know if anyone knows how attendibile is the Tesla navigation regarding charging stops and timings? Still got a bit of range anxiety of course and I see that the car plans to arrive at every supercharger with about 10% 🥵

Anybody had any road trip so far with the RWD or with a previous Tesla? Planning to drive to Austria for skiing in February and wanted to know if anyone knows how attendibile is the Tesla navigation regarding charging stops and timings? Still got a bit of range anxiety of course and I see that the car plans to arrive at every supercharger with about 10% 🥵
Have you put it into Tesla Planner?

Maybe that needs to be in a thread where people have more experience. I havent done a trip yet where I was needing it to plan a charging stop. From what I picked up in comments its ok in good weather but doesnt handle cold and headwinds conservatively enough so you need to keep an eye on the energy consumption app. Some people speak well of ABRP A Better Route Planner which allows you to enter the car model and accurate temp and wind for a more precise prediction. Sub zero, rain, and a headwind is going to take 30-40% off the range. But the planner will revise your target supercharger if it recalculated that you wont get there.

Although I did think the planner would re-calibrate on the hoof depending upon how the car is doing. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this 🤷‍♂️
It is fairly accurate and sometimes underestimates the efficiency if the car. It does seem to learn your driving style and predicts charging requirements accordingly. It even monitors how busy a supercharging station is and redirects you as required.

Two more sleeps till delivery day!! Unfortunately, I will not be home to collect it, but my wife will be in. She doesn't want to back the car onto the drive without USS (as it is the first ever drive of the car and her first time near a Tesla) so she's going to ask the delivery driver to do it. Hopefully, they will oblige. Although I'm missing out on receiving the car Mrs Bongofury is an excellent inspector of quality so no worries there!!