Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two more sleeps till delivery day!! Unfortunately, I will not be home to collect it, but my wife will be in. She doesn't want to back the car onto the drive without USS (as it is the first ever drive of the car and her first time near a Tesla) so she's going to ask the delivery driver to do it. Hopefully, they will oblige. Although I'm missing out on receiving the car Mrs Bongofury is an excellent inspector of quality so no worries there!!
same here. 2 sleeps, and the wife will only be allowed to look at it, end of 🙃 :D

So I have just got the text to remind that my delivery is Thursday and what to bring. But yet still no email to e-sign a contract or anything in my account that resembles a final contract or invoice Anyone have this, What time frame should the invoice/contract should have been sent. The call centre say one has been issued and sent. Tesla Finance say

I can't confirm that the documents have been sent to you to sign. This is because the contract documents have not been generated yet. It seems that there was an issue with the automatic generation and our colleagues are working on resolving this.

should I be worried. There's not much time and not much communication.

I suspect it means it is at the docks? But as the Safety and the Cello arrived within a few hours of each other we will probably never know which one they were on.

As there are 3 of us perhaps (in true Musketeers styli) we ought to be the Teslateers?
I think there’s a delivery slip with it on, I’m still sure it’s cello - where did you guys get your reg numbers?

Reactions: M3UK
So I have just got the text to remind that my delivery is Thursday and what to bring. But yet still no email to e-sign a contract or anything in my account that resembles a final contract or invoice Anyone have this, What time frame should the invoice/contract should have been sent. The call centre say one has been issued and sent. Tesla Finance say

I can't confirm that the documents have been sent to you to sign. This is because the contract documents have not been generated yet. It seems that there was an issue with the automatic generation and our colleagues are working on resolving this.

should I be worried. There's not much time and not much communication.
i got the text this morning for Wednesday collection and then the email for the "tesla service invoice"

Yes.. sometimes giving a wash via wipers seems to help. Sometimes it's just when you start up and the cars figuring it out. Sometimes it's cause a bug is splatted over the camera. Sometimes it's for absolutely no reason at all!!!

I’ve actually booked a service appointment for the issue with the wipers.

Auto wipers is literally unusable for me — the speed of the wipers vary from the sensor picking up light drizzle all the way up to a monsoon (during 100% dry / sunny conditions).

I think I’ve had a few odd looks testing the auto wipers function the last few days 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Ozboz7 and dajw2793
This did make me laugh. It's like going to the quick checkout at Aldi........ for a £50k car

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 collection is scheduled for 10:30 AM on Wednesday 07 December at Tesla Delivery Hub Manchester Trafford Centre. You must bring a valid driving licence, the V5c and both keys if trading in a vehicle, and ensure appropriate insurance cover is in place.

We cannot guarantee the level of charge on your car. Your collection will be self-service, so download the Tesla app at ts.la/app to learn about your Model 3. Not ready for your Model 3 or need help?

Reactions: Jon_UK
Anybody had any road trip so far with the RWD or with a previous Tesla? Planning to drive to Austria for skiing in February
Honestly the Tesla nav is super conservative in my experience. You should watch Bjorn Nylands 0% challenges on YouTube - he drives Tesla (and other EVs) past 0% to test their characteristics.

IIRC the M3 goes about 30 miles past 0%.. so that may be some comfort. If you want more detail on your route planning I would highly recommend ABRP app.

There seems to be a better high power charger network in Europe from alternative networks (other than superchargers) too, so don't forget that!

If the temperature for some reason suddenly went from 20 to -5°C the car continually monitors it's efficiency and will re-route to a charger sooner to ensure you don't get stranded

Collected today from the Trafford Centre. Car not cleaned (I wasn’t too bothered after reading some of the valeting horror stories). No issues with any of the paint work or quality of the car. I’ve fallen straight in love with it!

Car had 15 miles on odometer and 46% charge when collecting.

Lack of parking sensors is a little annoying considering I’ve spent best part of £50k on it! But hopefully that update comes soon enough 🤞🤞

Reactions: Lord Farquad