Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
very novice question, what will be the energy loss for 16 days in this weather?

I'll probably leave it at the airport, ' A better route planner' tells me I'll be there with 83%... Will I find it with over 50% to come back home?

I'll turn sentry off and try to don't play with mobile too much :cool:
I believe, and it’s only a believe, is that you lose 2-3% per day. I’m sure someone with better knowledge than me can answer.

Reactions: Ashdeman
Well, 3% per day is not little to be honest, it makes 48% over 16 days.

just remembered this video,
, it seems that battery drain should be less.
Absolutely less than 0.5% per day, just remember all the gotchas, dont enable weird settings like summon before you go and don’t connect any apps except Teslafi or similar that really wont wake it up, before you go.

Reactions: giorgosa
Well, 3% per day is not little to be honest, it makes 48% over 16 days.

just remembered this video,
, it seems that battery drain should be less.

Do not activate Sentry Mode and resist the temptation to open the Tesla app whilst you are away*. Do those 2 things and you will lose minimal percentage over the period you are on holiday.

*Activating the Tesla app sends a message to the car which wakes up the computers and its full connectivity features ... it then stays awake for a while before going back to sleep. When the car is new to you it will be hard to resist but you really must leave it alone!

Do not activate Sentry Mode and resist the temptation to open the Tesla app whilst you are away*. Do those 2 things and you will lose minimal percentage over the period you are on holiday.

*Activating the Tesla app sends a message to the car which wakes up the computers and its full connectivity features ... it then stays awake for a while before going back to sleep. When the car is new to you it will be hard to resist but you really must leave it alone!
The odd look doesnt do any harm. The car uses about 300W with climate off. If woken it takes 15 minutes to go back to sleep. 0.075kWh is not going to break the bank, ie about 0.1% !

The odd look doesnt do any harm. The car uses about 300W with climate off. If woken it takes 15 minutes to go back to sleep. 0.075kWh is not going to break the bank, ie about 0.1% !
True ... but we have had people on the forum who appear to have been looking at the app many times a day ... and you can then have Sentry ... and watch the camera output ... and nowadays the inside camera too ... it's all too tempting! Also that 300w does not include the initial booting period which is higher.

True ... but we have had people on the forum who appear to have been looking at the app many times a day ... and you can then have Sentry ... and watch the camera output ... and nowadays the inside camera too ... it's all too tempting!
Your advice should be to avoid Sentry and cameras. It does no harm to check the charge state of the car to reassure yourself, and advising not to do so is an unnecessary restriction.

Having said that if you set up a free trial of Teslafi, then you can check the cars charge state without waking it.

Think us coming back from 1st holiday and charge to don't be enough to go back home... Wifey won't be impressed so I'll resist looking the app every day. Maybe every 3-4 days :D famous last words...

Any idea where the Brent Cross delivery hub is? Google maps show it in the parking area of the shopping centre? Or should I go to the Tesla shop firstly?

Last edited:
Reactions: Astrape