Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is really amazing. Had it for a day and a half, made 150 miles with it.

Now parked at airport for the next 2 weeks, left it there with 74% charge, sentry mode off. Let’s see what is going to be its state after 2 weeks.

I am not planning to open app a lot, once a week Only.

Merry Xmas everyone, enjoy your new toy :)
Look forward to seeing the % on your return as I plan to do the same end of January for a hols

Reactions: giorgosa
500 mile review - really love the car, parking sensors not been a major issue yet as the cameras seem good enough in all lighting conditions although I do miss it when forward parking and pulling out of tight spots just for that extra confidence.

The partial premium speakers sound better than those in our e-tron and the driving feel is much better. I've been really impressed with autopilot so far although I wish it changed speeds automatically on TACC (although TACC isn't actually included on my S-Line trim e-tron...)

Collection was easy, car was dirty and there was some dirt on the interior upholstery which I've extracted, quickly cleaned and waxed the car when I got it home just to protect it from the elements.

I've struggled with efficiency in it, not sure if it's due to the lower temperatures or not but I'm around 310 wh/mi which I think is about 3.2 mi/kwh even with shorter journeys - see how it goes. It's still not far off twice as efficient as the e-tron in these temperatures

Overall really happy.

500 mile review - really love the car, parking sensors not been a major issue yet as the cameras seem good enough in all lighting conditions although I do miss it when forward parking and pulling out of tight spots just for that extra confidence.
I completely agree with you regarding sensors, really don't feel the need for them when reversing, the camera has been more than adequate (even when it's dirty) but pulling in forwards the sensors would give me a bit more confidence.

Yeah it does, it means on average you’ve got 3.6mi/kWh out of it which if the majority of those 115 miles were done in the last day it means the Tesla in the cold is more efficient than my current vehicle is in summer. About twice as efficient in similar temps.

Also suggest a real world range in the cold of about 215 miles based on a 60kwh battery
RE YOUR REPLY - current update

Current Odometer 115 miles
Total Energy 32kWh
Avg. Energy 280Wh/mi

Hope that means something, and if it does, let me know 👍

I'm now at 499 miles
147kwh
294wh/mi

Which if I'm right is about 3.4 mi/kWh

Heaters, seats and steering wheel on all the time................

Reactions: Danzr
Look forward to seeing the % on your return as I plan to do the same end of January for a hols
Hi,

left the car with 74% at Luton airport on 23/12. Picked it yesterday (08/01) with 69%.

to be fair it was holding 72% up to end of last week, but I started playing more with Tesla app and checking for my free supercharging miles and hence it reduced 2-3% in the last couple of days.

Hi,

left the car with 74% at Luton airport on 23/12. Picked it yesterday (08/01) with 69%.

to be fair it was holding 72% up to end of last week, but I started playing more with Tesla app and checking for my free supercharging miles and hence it reduced 2-3% in the last couple of days.
Basically loses sod all then, good to know for future. Hope you had a good holiday

How did everyone get on in the snow? I was pleasantly surprised.

The roads round my way were relatively clear but I was the first one to arrive at my work yesterday morning and thought I'd struggle to get around the site in the untouched snow. Could feel the TC doing some stuff to limit power at one point as I steadily made progress up a slight incline. No drama at all really.
20230310_053210 (1).jpg

How did everyone get on in the snow? I was pleasantly surprised.

The roads round my way were relatively clear but I was the first one to arrive at my work yesterday morning and thought I'd struggle to get around the site in the untouched snow. Could feel the TC doing some stuff to limit power at one point as I steadily made progress up a slight incline. No drama at all really.View attachment 916431
I did West Gloucestershire to Cambridgeshire on Thursday AM. There was a lot of slush on the road around Coventry / Rugby with some drivers still trying to do 60 on what was potentially a wet skating rink in the outside lane if you hit the brakes. I just ambled through in the clear lorry tracks until we got back to the rain. But when I turned right into the supercharger lane at Rugby services the car went straight on till it slowed enough to catch some grip again. The car felt stable and the grip level was pretty good for standard tyres. I do have snow chains and socks in the boot though to ward off any chance of needing either! Energy consumption in slush at about 35/40 mph by the way, is about 380 watts / mile !!!

I love the naked Aeros, I was surprised how well they match the MSM paint. Our cars must be twins.

They're a great looking wheel! Easy to get behind the spokes when cleaning them too. I ceramic coated the car last month using Auto Finesse's DIY kits, gave the car a cracking shine!

View attachment 917038View attachment 917039View attachment 917040

Wow nice finish! Really must give mine a clay and wax soon. Getting at the end of November was not the best time of the year to receive. Over 6000 miles already and not a drop of protection on the paint 😭. Even though it's a leased company car I still like to look after them.

Getting tempted to remove the aeros for the look, you noticed any change in range?

Getting tempted to remove the aeros for the look, you noticed any change in range?
Not really by any noticeable amount. My best trip so far (since Nov) was doing a steady 50mph on an A road temp 5 degrees for a couple of hours it was doing 225 watts per mile, or range of 270.

The tests reported on the web on removal of aero covers give variable results but averaging them its a couple of percent difference in energy consumption. I just far prefer the spokes so I settled for that. The energy difference is much less than say that between LR and RWD consumption.

I dont do shiny though, if I could have a car in matt I would, but a coating of dirt has a similar effect 😂 There’s a reason I always choose grey cars...... And I didnt know spokes had a “behind” till @Ashdeman said so🤣

Last edited:
I only did about 100 miles of driving before removing the covers so no idea how much of a difference it makes. I did watch a video where some chaps did a very unscientific test and I think they said the aeros gave about 3% more range.

My thoughts were that 3% probably isn't going to make the difference of me needing to charge or not on a long journey. My daily commute is all on roads <50mph too were aero is probably less effective.