Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 sales already peaked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 deliveries in Norway have come down significantly in April 2019.

Old VW E-Golf (1022) outselling Model 3 (720).
Old BMW i3 still strong (467).
Audi E-Tron (371) and Jaguar i-Pace (350) outselling Model X (68) by a large factor.
Model S not in Top 20 anymore.

What could Elon do?

Unbenannt.JPG

It's bound to hit peak soon. As all the pre-orders are cleared and people waiting for the cheaper models are taken care of, it will drop down to more normal sales levels. The peaks were always artificial, and it's not been out long enough to really find the "natural" level.

It's hardly a big deal, Tesla knew it would happen and the plan was always to open up to new markets to sustain production.

There is a simple answer. There are more or less no car coming to Norway for delivery early in a quarter. April deliveries are just left overs from March. The new ships are arriving as we speak and May and specifically June figures will explode.

So those who look at first month in a quarter for sales in ANY European country either has an agenda to show bad figures for Tesla or simply does not get how things work out.

I'm sure that all the anti-Tesla and skeptics will be very quiet when the June figures for European sales and deliveries show up.

There seem to be a lot of people waiting for deliveries of their Model 3’s on this website. Total inventory in the US for Model 3’s is only 69 cars according to EV-CPO. That comes out to just slightly more than one car per State.

Imagine if there was only one Toyota Camry for sale in the entire state of Texas and then someone posted that Toyota is having a demand problem selling their Camrys. It would sound pretty silly to the average consumer.

Limited amount of supply being shipped, kind of by country means a single country will peak and dip.

Like US sales dropped after tax credit drop an European sales started. Wall Street was freaked out, only because they don’t understand simple math

We are truly lucky to have you in this forum.
Your off-the-cuff insight clearly exceeds the cumulative intellectual and mathematical ability of all Wall Street analysts, and investors, who've driven TSLA shares -40% over the past 6 months.

Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
There seem to be a lot of people waiting for deliveries of their Model 3’s on this website. Total inventory in the US for Model 3’s is only 69 cars according to EV-CPO. That comes out to just slightly more than one car per State.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your assertions, just adding information. Overnight Tesla listed hundreds of new Inventory Model 3s for sale. The count is currently 326.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your assertions, just adding information. Overnight Tesla listed hundreds of new Inventory Model 3s for sale. The count is currently 326.
This is good, I have a few people in the office who do not want to wait to get a car... so if they “shop” and see a color and specs the like and can pick it up very soon they will. They are so accustomed to the inventory model that a dealer has on the lot...

It's bound to hit peak soon. As all the pre-orders are cleared and people waiting for the cheaper models are taken care of, it will drop down to more normal sales levels. The peaks were always artificial, and it's not been out long enough to really find the "natural" level.

It's hardly a big deal, Tesla knew it would happen and the plan was always to open up to new markets to sustain production.

No SR+ yet.
No tow bar yet (although pricing announced).

It's pretty much only the USA where's there's an idea of longer term demand.