Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 screen issue on bottom right edge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some fog, condensation, haze, type issue coming from the bottom right corner of my screen and continuing along the right and bottom edges. I'm wondering if the LCD is separating from the glass? This is a 2018 Model 3 LR. Out of warranty.

Anyone replace their screen through Tesla and know the price? Or has anyone DIYed a replacement? Looks like the assembly can be had for as cheap as $250 on eBay.

This issue seems uncommon which is a good sign (can't really find any other threads on it, aside from one from a few years ago). Has anyone had this issue?

IMG_4964.jpeg

Early Model S screens had issues with the glue leaking out leaving "bubbles" at the top of the screen. Later ones had yellowing issues around the border as the glue aged.

Since you have a 2018 that is now roughly 5 years old, I wonder if this issue is similar to the yellowing issue found in some of the mid-year Model S screens.

Tesla didn't replace them, they came up with a UV treatment that was supposed to "fix" the issue. Don't expect a screen replacement unless it's on your dime.

Since a couple of days I noticed the exact same issue (Model 3, late 2019) on the same spots on the corners of the screen. It doesn’t matter if the display is on or off, it is always there. Very annoying during daytime. Yesterday the display was hot and has been in the sun for a while. Later at night I drove home and I did not noticed it anymore (in the dark with the dark theme enabled) maybe because the display was cooled down, but this morning it was back. Can’t find that much online about it, lots of issues with the Model S but almost nothing with the Model 3. I don’t live in a country with the hottest climate in the world (Netherlands) so it is weird that almost no one else has this issue and my conclusion is that it is a factory fault. Has anyone been to a SC? My car is just a couple of miles out of warranty sadly.

Reactions: thefrog1394
Since a couple of days I noticed the exact same issue (Model 3, late 2019) on the same spots on the corners of the screen. It doesn’t matter if the display is on or off, it is always there. Very annoying during daytime. Yesterday the display was hot and has been in the sun for a while. Later at night I drove home and I did not noticed it anymore (in the dark with the dark theme enabled) maybe because the display was cooled down, but this morning it was back. Can’t find that much online about it, lots of issues with the Model S but almost nothing with the Model 3. I don’t live in a country with the hottest climate in the world (Netherlands) so it is weird that almost no one else has this issue and my conclusion is that it is a factory fault. Has anyone been to a SC? My car is just a couple of miles out of warranty sadly.
My car is well out of warranty so I haven't involved Tesla service. I'm also not in the hottest climate in the world, but it does get into the 90s (F) in the summer and I park outside with cabin overheat protection off.

Also wondered if this could have been caused by physical impact to that corner of the screen breaking some sort of seal. I've banged by knee pretty hard on that corner as a passenger on more than one occasion.

Same here in a Model 3 from late 2019. Apparently this is only visible when there is direct light reflecting in the screen. That's why we cannot see it during night. Not temperature related. Mine is out of warranty as well... How much Tesla charge for the replacement? BTW I have the same white haze in the same bottom right corner.

• Informative
Reactions: thefrog1394