Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2019.5.15 from 2019.5 4 Took screenshots before and after the update showing the range boost.

Before update:
20190310_202658.jpg

After update, no other changes, car was not charging:
20190310_202638.jpg

Reactions: Pkmmte and PoitNarf
Spotted a couple of bugs on 5.15:

- my phone as key only works about 50% of the time now; used to work nearly 100% of the time before
- blind spot chime still does not work
- bass in stereo still seems muted
I had the bass missing after the update too, but it came back after the car slept following the first drive after the update. For me, phone as key works great now and used to only work about half the time.

When did 2019.x.xxx come out? February? January?

The 2nd series of digits is the week of the update. So 2019.5 series started hitting in the 5th week of 2019. The oldest update with any significant traction per TeslaFi is 2018.48, and that's at 2% and change of the fleet. 2018.50.6 is the oldest with a wide install base.

We're at the end of week 10 of 2019 tonight. So that update is 12 weeks old. And that's atypically long. 8 months is nonsense.

The 2nd series of digits is the week of the update. So 2019.5 series started hitting in the 5th week of 2019. The oldest update with any significant traction per TeslaFi is 2018.48, and that's at 2% and change of the fleet. 2018.50.6 is the oldest with a wide install base.

We're at the end of week 10 of 2019 tonight. So that update is 12 weeks old. And that's atypically long. 8 months is nonsense.

The update is 12 weeks old? That's how many months? 3?

And how many model 3's have the update? I believe I would be generous if I said a 4th.

You're really trying to overcomplicate this. As I mentioned, we're exiting week 10. It's unfathomable, based on the past history and data I'm explaining, that Tesla will take 8 months to roll an update widely. Just ain't gonna happen.

We're currently on an abnormally long lull for updates due to the number of early 2019 revisions Tesla has run through, and this long lull has us at a whopping 12 weeks separating the oldest wide release to the current date. Double this gap (there's no indication that it will ever double, but just for a thought experiment), and you're still at 6 months.

What month do you think we will get the update in?

knowing that for some reason the west coast is always predominantly first.

No sure. But it should arrive this week or next. They have just started the mass roll out. Before that, it was sent to a limited number of drivers.
Honestly, if an update has so many bugs that take them this long to fix all, I prefer to get it later than sooner. Bugs are annoying and possibly dangerous when it comes to driving.

You're really trying to overcomplicate this. As I mentioned, we're exiting week 10. It's unfathomable, based on the past history and data I'm explaining, that Tesla will take 8 months to roll an update widely. Just ain't gonna happen.

We're currently on an abnormally long lull for updates due to the number of early 2019 revisions Tesla has run through, and this long lull has us at a whopping 12 weeks separating the oldest wide release to the current date. Double this gap (there's no indication that it will ever double, but just for a thought experiment), and you're still at 6 months.

Nope...its extremely simple if you actually listen to what I said. I said...FULLY ROLL OUT. NOT "widely"

One month and how many model 3's have been updated?

Abnormally long lul? Based on what?

A lul would be the fact that there is no update available.

I'm not in the middle of a lul. I'm in the middle of a wait.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: bedoig
Nope...its extremely simple.

One month and how many model 3's have been updated?

Abnormally long lul? Based on what?

A lul would be the fact that there is no update available.

I'm not in the middle of a lul. I'm in the middle of a wait.

Lull. Not lul. A lul is a colloquialism for LOL.

About 29% of 3s are on 2019.5.x releases. As others have pointed out to you, the first update in this series to get a wide release started that wide rollout tonight. I expect we'll see it on virtually all cars by the Y reveal on Thurs.

But again, your focus on this particular release is an overcomplication. Tesla doesn't take 8 months (or anything close to that) to push a wide release. Ever. End of discussion until the data show otherwise.