Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suppose sentry mode keeps the cigarette lighter on permanently.

The cigarette lighter ( accessory ) and all USB ports now stay on indefinitely. EVEN with sentry mode turned off.

hmmmm….

"Sentry mode off" should turn the USB ports off after the car locks. It doesn't anymore.

I had my kid's iPad plugged into the rear USB, definitely did not charge with Sentry mode off. He was using it yesterday and plugged in, didn't use the car today and when I got his iPad out of the car tonight, it was at 15% charge. Currently on 2019.5.15.

I got 2019.5.15 sunday....

Wondering if this is the placebo effect, but has anyone noticed better "auto" windshield wiper performance? It was raining here today (and has been off and on for a month.. feels like I am living in Portland lol), and I noticed markedly better performance of the auto setting.

I am not sure if this is because of the firmware, or because of the time change (meaning there was light left when I was driving home from work). I did not have to push the manual wipe button once, and I have been having to push it basically constantly when in the auto setting (sometimes its hard to push the wipers to change the setting while driving back roads home).

Anyone else notice this or is this me imagining?

Wondering if this is the placebo effect, but has anyone noticed better "auto" windshield wiper performance? It was raining here today (and has been off and on for a month.. feels like I am living in Portland lol), and I noticed markedly better performance of the auto setting.

I am not sure if this is because of the firmware, or because of the time change (meaning there was light left when I was driving home from work). I did not have to push the manual wipe button once, and I have been having to push it basically constantly when in the auto setting (sometimes its hard to push the wipers to change the setting while driving back roads home).

Anyone else notice this or is this me imagining?

Elon tweeted that an update releasing this week (I’m assuming the currently deploying 2019.5.15) will include auto wiper improvements: Elon Musk on Twitter

C4C4141D-6EFA-422C-B418-9DB13AADEAB6.jpeg

Yesterday Elon did say:

Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk Mar 10
Replying to @MFrunker @cleantechnica
Software release later this week should make it better

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I suspect that if you wake your 3 up from the app right now, and assuming your 3 is within WiFi range, it will start downloading the update shortly afterwards.

I have been doing this every couple of minutes for the past hour :) Still no notification of update! The car is within WIFI range, not the strongest signal, but had received updates with this WIFI signal strength before.

My RWD LR 3 just finished charging to 90% and I’m getting a reported range of 290 miles now. Previous to this update a 90% charge would give me a 278 mile range. This means that at a 100% charge I’ll probably get a reported range of 322 miles now.

@MP3Mike @PoitNarf

Thanks for the elon quotes on the wipers. At least from my point of view, it was noticeable and I was not aware of the tweets. I dont follow anyone on twitter, as I only use twitter during emergencies like fires etc.. its a *sugar*show to me.

The wipers were one of the things I really disliked about the car, but I was hopeful that SOMETHING would be done. Totally serviceable now. Not perfect, but good enough.