Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting:
File names for Sentry mode currently have the date of 3/12/2019 @ 3:13 in the morning.
Its not even 3/12/2019 yet here in Chicago. Nor does the car have that as its date and time.
Where is Sentry getting its time and dates from?

It records in the future, so you can be warned before the would-be miscreants mess with your car.
You can drive away before they get there ! :p

• Funny
Reactions: PoitNarf
To those that have the update and say they have had the 325 "range increase" (I don't have it yet):

Has the car's miles/hour charge rate that it displayed changed changed from the previous when you plug it into a known charger?

Similar to @Quocamus, the charging rate of my 3 before and after the update has remained constant at 30 mi/hr. It's starting to look more likely that Tesla unlocked some reserve below the former 0%. I'm still waiting for someone with a metered EVSE to confirm that the miles gained for each kWh is unchanged before and after the update.

So the Saved Clips folder is a combination of clips I save by hitting the dashcam icon, and clips it saved because of possible issues outside the car?

I'm looking at some of those files, and all I see is wind and rain.

It seems like we should know that there are saved clips by some sort of notification. But the only way to see if there are any is to take out the USB and plug it into a computer.

Also, a lot of my right repeater clips are 0 bytes. Until I started driving, then they were all fine.

Anybody else see this?

How long did it take for your 5.15 to load coming from 50.6? My 3 usually takes about 45 minutes and now we’re working on over 1:45 (almost 2 hours!). I thought I saw long times posted somewhere but that seems excessive. Car responds to phone and unlock but still crunching on upgrade, I hope!

Mine took longer than normal to update, but not that long.
This is my first update since 50.6 and so much has been added since then. Does anyone know where to look for a listing of all the new features seeing as the update notes appear not to be comprehensive.

Reactions: boaterva
How long did it take for your 5.15 to load coming from 50.6? My 3 usually takes about 45 minutes and now we’re working on over 1:45 (almost 2 hours!). I thought I saw long times posted somewhere but that seems excessive. Car responds to phone and unlock but still crunching on upgrade, I hope!
So, Tesla says to call back in 30 mins. They can see it’s ‘still updating’ but it shouldn’t take this long. Right....

Interesting fact is that there is no available tech support at this time of night except Roadside. She had full access to the car and knew everything, it’s just all the other menu options you usually pick say call back later after 9 AM. I think she said software support was open 10 PM-5 AM PT.

And an hour is what mine have always taken. Wonder if it’s stuck or putting the old release back...

30 minutes for me.

With the new update, I've noticed that my Model 3 is triggering the recharge more often. It used to require to drop 3-5% below target SOC but now it only needs to drop 1%?

Mine too.

I have been doing this every couple of minutes for the past hour :) Still no notification of update! The car is within WIFI range, not the strongest signal, but had received updates with this WIFI signal strength before.

Relax. Software update come when they come. It can take days to weeks to rollout updates. You only need to make sure that the cars WiFi connection is good. Some update load maps too. Those take longer to deploy. You will make yourself crazy if expect it in the next hour.

I've been seeing difficulty connecting my Android phone as a media player since 9.5.4 - still happening with 9.5.14 which I just got yesterday - I can connect the phone maybe 1 try out of 20, not very efficient. Android also upgraded recently, not sure which side the glitch is on. Is anyone else seeing this?

Talked to Software Support this time, tried to reboot and for the tenth time, everyone, got a confirmation the brake pedal does absolutely nothing to add to a scroll wheel or other reboot. :D

Anyway, no joy here and trying to get a mobile service call, else will have to drive to Tyson’s with a dead screen. (Lol, is that legal?)

I don’t understand some of the ideas floated on these calls. How could a download be corrupted. Aren’t there checksums just so a bad download won’t be installed? And why does WiFi matter to an install since it’s already downloaded at that point.